The Thing Comic style EVA foam *updated test video page 2*

chimmera30

Hey all just starting to build a Ben Grimm aka the The thing in eva foam!
Comments and Crits are always welcome!!

DSC03439.jpg

DSC03440.jpg

DSC03442.jpg

DSC03443.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Thing EVA foam

You, sir, have some real talent. That looks amazing! Did you use a soldering iron for all those detail?

Re: The Thing Comic style EVA foam

it was a wood burning tool,but it was built like a puzzle tons of pieces glued together:)

Dude, That is an amazing job! I was just thinking last night I hadn't seen a good "Thing" suit, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this on here. Well done and I look forward to seeing the rest of it!

looking good bro:thumbsup, been contemplating about doing that or Hulk for some time now, i will be subscribing to this for updates and to see if i can borrow some ideas ( if you wont mind:)) if ever i do decide to start one. how'd you plan to tackle the body/chest area? i was thinking of building something like hockey armor and start laying the "rock" over it. this build will probably be as awesome as your iron monger.

Last edited:

Awesome foam work!! Ordering a wood burning tool and subscribed:thumbsup

Love it!!! Can't wait to see more! Much better than the rubber costume from the movies....and that brow!!!!! PURE THING!!!!!

Rich

that is really amazing!! you all inspire me to keep going and trying new things!! cant wait to see how it ends up

Most impressive,sir! My conern for you would be the heat that can build up rapidly with this on your head, let alone an entire suit made of foam. Will the mouth be articulated in some fashion to let fresh air in and the warmed air from your body temperature out as you breath? I ask because I've experienced some major discomfort (Suffering for the art, as it were.) as I had worn helmets or enclosed masks like this and the heat increased with every breath without any ventilation.

Looks great so far. I think the 1 thing I would change is the brow. I would have it taper a tad more as it goes back.

SO I made a few changes I added some eye depth, extended the jaw added teeth. Also I painted some old Mr. Potato head eyes to help bring this build to life,and then sprayed Krylon sand texture to make the face a little more rock like:)

DSC03444.jpg

DSC03445.jpg

DSC03446.jpg

DSC03449.jpg

DSC03450.jpg

DSC03448.jpg

DSC03447.jpg

Re: The Thing Comic style EVA foam *updated nov 5*

cant beleive I missed this thread,,,,i love the Thing and yours is commin out great.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back