The Thing 1982 Windows' Sunglasses

Fettbat

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to find a pair of sun glasses frames like Windows has in The Thing for a while now. These are some pretty cools specs and I was wondering if anyone on here had any insight on the make?

1419285329084.png

No one's heard anything from anyone in weeks and you want sunglasses?

sorry, couldn't help myself... ;)

I know some people I can ask about this, let me see what I can dig up... in the mean time, here's an interesting tidbit of trivia...

"In an interview in the special features of The Thing Collector's Edition Blu-ray disc release called The Men of Outpost 31, Thomas G. Waites says that he showed up during rehearsals wearing sunglasses and said to John Carpenter, "I want everyone to call me Windows from now on." For a reason that none of the actor's ever found out, Carpenter agreed and left that in the film."

Haha for a second there I thought I had breached some etiquette I wasn't aware of!

Thanks Buliwif! I'm curious to see what your contacts come up with. Also yea,that is an interesting but of trivia. Excellent choice oh his part as well, it's cool how such a small thing can help make a character distinctive.

I know Thomas. I can ask him if he remembers anything about the glasses. Edit: I emailed him. If he gets back to me, I will let you know. I also gave him a direct link to this thread so It is possible he could just show up and answer himself.

Last edited:
He said they were his own. Just some sunglasses he picked up somewhere in New York. But that other than that he really couldn't remember much about them. Sorry I couldn't be more help but that is directly from Windows himself.

That beat what I was able to get from my contacts, which was bupkiss, unfortunately... Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

I appreciate looking into it guys thanks! This is what I love about this forum, who would have thought you could get an answer -directly- from the actor!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back