The term 'bio helmet'

Replica

Had a look on this site and a few others, just wondering if the term 'bio helmet' has ever been used by an official source, be it in an interview, script, concept drawing - anything? Or is it something the fans made up?

Thanks,
Replica

hm, that's an interesting question.

sideshow uses term "mask", the same goes for neca.

i think it's possible the term "bio helmet" is used only by fans, maybe in some comics or books too, didn't read a lot of them.

To a Predator, it is a mask.

To a prop maker who makes predator masks, they need to differentiate between a predator mask (giving a human the look of a predator face) and the mask worn by Predators so they call it a bio helmet.

At least, that is how I see it.

Since the movies and novels are dealing with Predator characters, they only have one mask, and it is called a mask, not a bio helm. It is only people who want to mimic a predator that has both.

I found this on another site too:

"It’s official… in the first movie they referred to the prop as a biological helmet and on the very first licensed P1 helmet replica released years ago by icons, the plaque and COA say Bio Helmet."

The same is true of the officially licensed P2 mask, the box says "biological mask (or Environment mask)" and the plaque says "Environmental mask". My guess is that they had to call the props for the films by two different names to differentiate between the mask the actors wore, and the bio mask over the top of the other mask - for the same reason JehdinThwei outlined (cheers mate!) So im guessing there is some 'officialness' to the term.

oneuglymf
Read here : it gives a pretty good definition of the "Bio-Helmet" term

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...c=21321&hl=

Wow, what a lovely selection! Thanks!

Cheers,
Replica

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back