The Technicolor iron man build

redbridge1

My first foam build after getting so frustrated at pepakura folding paper that I almost had a mental break down.
Started on Thursday beered on Saturday so excuse the lack of progress

Still trying to find a less "colorful" foam and cheaper would be also be nice

Heres my work so far what do you guys think?

very nice redbridge.looks really good.lovin the john mcclane lookin out the arc hole..keep us posted on your progress

Just done the torso and the codpiece as one piece with the abs seperatley where do you guys split the codpiece for easy access?

Check out "wandy-foam" on eBay (just google it to find a link), I think Stealth recommended them in another thread.

As for supporting local businesses, I was quoted $127 aud for a 2m x 1m sheet of 6mm Eva... I just about spat out my coffee...

Check out "wandy-foam" on eBay (just google it to find a link), I think Stealth recommended them in another thread.

As for supporting local businesses, I was quoted $127 aud for a 2m x 1m sheet of 6mm Eva... I just about spat out my coffee...

Oh my ****** im paying 25 euro for four 2 foot by 2 foot 12mm sheets thats like 500000 dollars right??
Thanks for the link man having a good look now. This stuff is like its used for paving bricks of El Dorado

I paid $20 for four sheets of 12mm Eva that was 60cm x 60cm... but it's too thick for some sections hence I went searching for thinner... I was utterly gobsmacked at the quote.
a new Zealand company quoted $27 aud for 2.3m x 1.3m but with postage, wandy foam was cheaper

Was gonna post some photos of the biceps and forearms I done over the last while........Instead im posting a warning to everyon3 hopefully no ond is as stupid as me, do not i mean DO NOT leave any finished foam parts on a radiator over the weekend while you go out punishing your liver. I learned the hard way, I arrived home to find both forearms and biceps unglued warped mess's. This has dampened my evening.

RADIATORS BAD
FRIDGE GOOD............OR A SAFE DISTANCE FROM THE RADIATOR.

****** i hope I dont end up on the "enough with the stupid iron man builds allready thread" I just dont think I could handle the pressure..... :darnkids

Last edited:
So I got cracking today and made some progress again re done the whole left arm gonna get the right one tomorrow hopefully once a jet engine doesn't come through the ceiling of my bedroom while im sleeping or something.

Please constructive criticism welcome.

So I got cracking today and made some progress again re done the whole left arm gonna get the right one tomorrow hopefully once a jet engine doesn't come through the ceiling of my bedroom while im sleeping or something.

Please constructive criticism welcome.
Listen Donnie Darko...:lol,looks good and the shoulder bells look fine also keep it up:thumbsup

Listen Donnie Darko...:lol,looks good and the shoulder bells look fine also keep it up:thumbsup

Thanks very much for the encouragement!!

I was wondering if anyone got the Darko nod!!

So stuck on Led Zeppelin IV tonight and got stuck in with a few bottles of bulmers. Both arms done fully, redone the bells in the parts I wasn't happy with, they still need some work ,other than the plating on the biceps im pretty happy them.

And a thumbs up to everyone on the RPF for the hours you guys put in and the help im receiving off everyone!! Thanks guys

Sorry bout the lack of updates lately been on a bit of a party binge

Got the neck seal done last night out of a thinner foam. Im happy with the result.

Just a pic of the back of the suit ,I left a space on either side where im going to add some pc fans.

Last edited:
Please Please Please give this thing a good clear coat and call it a day. It would be a shame to cover such beauty with red and gold :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back