The TE that ALMOST was... BIG photos!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

troopermaster

Well-Known Member
Here's the original thread HELMET FIND

I checked it but it's been edited big time since I last looked at it.I highly doubt that this new helmet from TE has this new face plate on it from motionmaster.
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

CWR

Active Member
The helmet in question is from the Gentle Giant scan. Matt has posted pictures of the original un altered foam rapid prototype on other forums. I don't claim to know anything about this particular face plate mould, but I do know that it has nothing to do with the set for stun helmet that was pictured in this thread. Anyone that knows their stormtroopers should be able to see that easily. Even if you dont know much about stormtroopers you only need to look at the detail and the eye sockets to see the difference.
 

Keith

Sr Member
Originally posted by motorfish@Jan 28 2006, 07:27 PM
Nope, not this time. All of the molds are in boxes now, and are getting shipped off Monday. Tuesday, he's gone to Oregon.
[snapback]1170493[/snapback]​
Does that mean there will be a new helmet maker soon? Are they the molds with the bumpy cap/back?

Keith.
 

SethB6025

Well-Known Member
From what I understand, the new owner purchased all of the stormtrooper/sandtrooper moulds, bumpy cap&back included.
 

motionmaster

New Member
The problem is now being sorted i have received two emails from Matt regarding this Thread and the face plate and he has asked me to post pictures of the helmet he has sent me today so as far as i am concerned that is the end of the matter.
i will Also post pictures of the helmet when i get it. It is unfortunate that it has taken 8 months and countless email/pm`s only to end by me having to go public about the situation
Jeff
TK6002UKG





 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DL 44 Blaster

Sr Member
Originally posted by motorfish+Jan 28 2006, 02:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(motorfish @ Jan 28 2006, 02:27 PM)</div>
Originally posted by DL 44 Blaster@Jan 28 2006, 03:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Stormtrooper
@Jan 27 2006, 07:49 PM
- or wait a couple of weeks until TE comes out of retirement... again.  :rolleyes

Cheers,
John
[snapback]1170020[/snapback]​



:lol.......hit the nail on the head with a big 'ole 20oz. serrated head framing hammer. :thumbsup

Steve
[snapback]1170357[/snapback]​
Nope, not this time. All of the molds are in boxes now, and are getting shipped off Monday. Tuesday, he's gone to Oregon.
[snapback]1170493[/snapback]​
[/b]
The molds might be gone,but Stormtroopers are in his blood...I find it hard to believe that he will simply walk away for good. Might be a year or 10 years,but he'll come back to it. It's inevitable...

Steve
 

gizmo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I`m sure a blind person could see that that face plate has nothing to do with the set for stun replica.It`s not even close.
 

jeezycreezy

Well-Known Member
This is purely philosophical, but if TE was aiming to make replicas of Dave M's helmet after he sold it to him, well, quite frankly, did he still have rights to replicating a helmet which he no longer owned? I'm just asking here.

Originally posted by motorfish@Jan 28 2006, 07:27 PM
All of the molds are in boxes now, and are getting shipped off Monday.
Since it's widely agreed that TE is the originator of 99.9999% of accurate stormtrooper helmet replicas...and if he's not making or selling them any more and has sold the molds...how, exactly, will this affect the trooper bucket playing field?

Do the same rules still apply to those who recast his work?

Do the rights (as dubious as they may be) now transfer to the new owner?

What's the deal?

TE closing up shop is a fairly significant change and I just wondered what people's thoughts were.

Cheers.
TJ
 

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Originally posted by jeezycreezy@Jan 28 2006, 10:05 PM
This is purely philosophical, but if TE was aiming to make replicas of Dave M's helmet after he sold it to him, well, quite frankly, did he still have rights to replicating a helmet which he no longer owned?  I'm just asking here.
I asked Matt the exact same question.

He said that this was done before he sold the helmet to Dave M. He also said Dave supports it and even offered to invest in it. Finally he said that if Dave M wanted a cut he would make sure Dave got it. Don't know how that works out now that everything has been sold, but it looks like Matt had all his bases covered back in Nov.
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

CMANavy

Sr Member
Originally posted by motionmaster@Jan 28 2006, 12:37 PM
The problem is now being sorted i have received two emails from Matt regarding this Thread and the face plate and he has asked me to post pictures of the helmet he has sent me today so as far as i am concerned that is the end of the matter.
i will Also post pictures of the helmet when i get it. It is unfortunate that it has taken 8 months and countless email/pm`s only to end by me having to go public about the situation
Jeff
TK6002UKG






[snapback]1170525[/snapback]​

That is one fine looking helmet. With TE now gone, I have even thoguht about not trooping in my suit now. It wil be hard to get a replacement I think unless the new owner of the molds produces more suits.
 
Originally posted by Brak's Buddy@Jan 28 2006, 10:51 PM
Jeff, I would still love to hear more about the source of your faceplate.
[snapback]1170608[/snapback]​

Snap. I would love to hear the story of that faceplate also. The links to the RPB threads told us nothing.

Any info would be appreciated Jeff even by PM if you don't want to post publicly.

Cheers Chris.
 
Originally posted by CMANavy@Jan 28 2006, 11:52 PM
That is one fine looking helmet.  With TE now gone, I have even thoguht about not trooping in my suit now. It wil be hard to get a replacement I think unless the new owner of the molds produces more suits.
[snapback]1170627[/snapback]​
Why would someone buy the moulds and NOT produce casts off it? IMO its a given

Cheers

Jez
 

motorfish

Well-Known Member
Originally posted by BingoBongo275+Jan 29 2006, 10:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BingoBongo275 @ Jan 29 2006, 10:51 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CMANavy
@Jan 28 2006, 11:52 PM
That is one fine looking helmet.  With TE now gone, I have even thoguht about not trooping in my suit now. It wil be hard to get a replacement I think unless the new owner of the molds produces more suits.
[snapback]1170627[/snapback]​
Why would someone buy the moulds and NOT produce casts off it? IMO its a given

Cheers

Jez
[snapback]1170839[/snapback]​
[/b]
Because you don't know the guy who's buying them. I do, and its less than a 50% chance he will produce anything.
 

DL 44 Blaster

Sr Member
Short of just owning molds for the pure pleasure of 'owning' them,why else would someone want molds other than to plan on using them? They are collectors peices themselves,but useable ones :love Considering the investment can earn a return so to speak and pay for themselves I'd exercise the idea at least. ;)

Steve
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

motorfish

Well-Known Member
Originally posted by DL 44 Blaster@Jan 29 2006, 07:38 PM
Short of just owning molds for the pure pleasure of 'owning' them,why else would someone want molds other than to plan on using them? They are collectors peices themselves,but useable ones  :love  Considering the investment can earn a return so to speak and pay for themselves I'd exercise the idea at least. ;)

Steve
[snapback]1171079[/snapback]​
I'm just telling you guys what I heard the buyer say with my own two ears. Making troopers was not his primary concern for buying the molds.
 

RKW

Sr Member
Originally posted by motorfish+Jan 29 2006, 07:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(motorfish @ Jan 29 2006, 07:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DL 44 Blaster
@Jan 29 2006, 07:38 PM
Short of just owning molds for the pure pleasure of 'owning' them,why else would someone want molds other than to plan on using them? They are collectors peices themselves,but useable ones   :love  Considering the investment can earn a return so to speak and pay for themselves I'd exercise the idea at least. ;)

Steve
[snapback]1171079[/snapback]​
I'm just telling you guys what I heard the buyer say with my own two ears. Making troopers was not his primary concern for buying the molds.
[snapback]1171082[/snapback]​
[/b]
DAMN LAWYERS.
 
Originally posted by RKW+Jan 29 2006, 08:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RKW @ Jan 29 2006, 08:22 PM)</div>
Originally posted by motorfish@Jan 29 2006, 07:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DL 44 Blaster
@Jan 29 2006, 07:38 PM
Short of just owning molds for the pure pleasure of 'owning' them,why else would someone want molds other than to plan on using them? They are collectors peices themselves,but useable ones   :love  Considering the investment can earn a return so to speak and pay for themselves I'd exercise the idea at least. ;)

Steve
[snapback]1171079[/snapback]​


I'm just telling you guys what I heard the buyer say with my own two ears. Making troopers was not his primary concern for buying the molds.
[snapback]1171082[/snapback]​
DAMN LAWYERS.
[snapback]1171109[/snapback]​
[/b]

LFL lawyers for the AA case :lol
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Top