The tanks and ground vehicles of Star Wars Legion

Analyzer

Master Member
These vehicles tend to be close to 1/48 (I think technically maybe 1/46 give or take)

For gaming miniatures these are actually more like models. They have more detail and better fit than any MPC kit and most Revell kits.

Also the AAT and Clone Tank are basically standard styrene kits, but some of the things that are not on sprues like the BARC speeder are a plastic that you need to use CA on (I think similar plastic to some of the Pegasus kits)

The figures for the most part are a resin type of plastic (Mostly so the smaller bits aren't as brittle as styrene since they are handled a lot)

The accuracy is quite amazing as well as the details.

The two con is sometimes the figures are a bit "beefier" as tabletop gaming minis compared to scale model miniatures and somethings the more delicate details are thickened a bit (like antennas etc...) and they more expensive then they would be if they were just models since they include cards and game tokens etc... But then again compared to the price of some Revell kits and even some Bandai kits, these are not too bad price wise

At any rate, Santa was good to me this year and I had also pooled any money I got as gifts to pick up a batch of the the Fantasty Flight games Legion stuff

First up is the Trade Federation AAT.

There are a good number of parts which and you have the option of displaying with the top hatch close or open as well as a droid sticking out of it with either binoculars or just hands grasping the edges of the hatch

The turret and guns fit extremely well and are fully maneuverable

IMG_5023.JPG

While there is no interior, the parts layout allows for the possibility of scratch building one and displaying with the back hatch down
IMG_5026 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Next up on the bench was the Clone TX-130 Sabre-class Tank

Like the AAT, the sprues are chock full of well fitting parts and have great details

The guns are all full maneuverable as well, plus the two side pontoons are positionable as well as the two directional flaps at the rear. You can get a whole variety of positions.

You have options of displaying with pod missile bays open or closed

In addition you can have the top hatch open or close and a Clone Trooper with two weapon choices as well as two head choices depending on whether you prefer the Phase One style helmet or not

IMG_5027 (2).JPG

Last edited:
I had this one done for a while. The TX-225 GAVx Occupier Tank from Rogue one.

This body came as one piece apart from the hatches and figures and tank treads. You have one of two weapon options for the gunner sticking out the top hatch, as well as arms without guns to pose him as just holding on the the edges of the hatch. or you display as hatch closed

IMG_5059 (2).JPG

IMG_5049 (2).JPG

IMG_5048 (2).JPG

And that brings us to the current after several hours earlier this evening..

I have not decided yet on what color scheme to use for the AAT. I really love the tan color from Phantom Menace, but I am kind of intrigued by the blue and grey scheme from the Clone Wars animated stuff and I already have the standard tan color in 1/72 and 1/32 scale. A tough choice

IMG_5053 (2).JPG

IMG_5055 (2).JPG

Wow, I hadn’t really noticed that they had done the tanks for Legion. I agree, these are really good, if a bit overpriced. I got some of the speeder bikes and tauntauns for use in dioramas and they are pretty good too. The speeder bikes need a bit of adding to if you want them to be a bit more accurate, but the stormtroopers/scout troopers are pretty good as 1/48 figures.

Wow, I hadn’t really noticed that they had done the tanks for Legion. I agree, these are really good, if a bit overpriced. I got some of the speeder bikes and tauntauns for use in dioramas and they are pretty good too. The speeder bikes need a bit of adding to if you want them to be a bit more accurate, but the stormtroopers/scout troopers are pretty good as 1/48 figures.

They are a bit more than a model would be, but they can be found for a decent price when they are in stock. Prices seem to skyrocket once they start selling out as well as in the beginning when lots of gamers are trying to get the latest stuff for the game

I got the landspeeder for $36 on Amazon

The AAT and Clone Speeder came from my local gaming store when they were having a Black Friday sales at 40% off.

I believe the Clone Speeder and AAT MSRP is around $59 but you generally can get them for less. The AAT It is currently on Amazon for $50 and the Clone Tank is currently $48

Compare that with the cost of similar sized and quality models and it is not too bad

Part of the added cost is that it comes with a a lot of game tokens and stuff

swl63_spread.png

Okay the game I was referring to was just the Clone Wars game that came out with the movie. I totally forgot it was also in the original Battlefront games. It's too bad they didn't put it in the Clone Wars show. If they did I don't remember.

I picked up a couple of box sets of Legion with the intention to play it... and was blown away by the quality of the models - and also the fact that it makes available some vehicles really not available anywhere else (like Luke's landspeeder).

Here's my AT-RT, getting some final touches on my bench...

legion.jpg

(My "backstory" for this is that it's an old Republic vehicle the Rebellion salvaged from a junk yard, thus the beat up, rusty appearance.)

That looks awesome!

It definitely fills in a lot of the gaps left by traditional model subjects. Same with the Armada and X-Wings lines. The Blockade Runner, Rebel Transport and Imperial (Gozanti cruiser) for example in the X-Wing lines are the largest commercially available representations of those ships and the Super Star Destroyer in the Armada line is a great size and excellent details

Do you have any of the other stuff painted?

Last edited:
That looks awesome!

It definitely fills in a lot of the gaps left by traditional model subjects. Same with the Armada and X-Wings lines. The Blockade Runner, Rebel Transport and Imperial (Gozanti cruiser) for example in the X-Wing lines are the largest commercially available representations of those ships and the Super Star Destroyer in the Armada line is a great size and excellent details

Do you have nay of the other stuff painted?
Thanks!

And yes, I got into X-wing to play it, but then wound up buying some of the bigger vehicles (such as the Blockade Runner) just to collect them. The details on all of the vehicles in X-wing is pretty astonishing.

I don't have anything else yet painted for Legion. Although I do have some of the figures assembled and primed.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back