The suit is done and was a hit

Predmom

Ok, here we go...

I duct tape my son...

100_1054.JPG

I used Craft foam and spray paint. I used alot of hot glue to get the pieces to stay together. The blades are made from the thick craft foam. They were a little flimsy so I supported them with a piece of roof flashing cut in the same shape attached to the inside.

For the suit...

I took two 2x long sleeve white t-shirts (for $1.50 each) and sewed it up in to a long john type of out fit. I put a zipper in the back, used one of the shirts sleeve to make the legs, and quilted the abs using upholstery foam. I had ordered the latex from monstermakers but it did not arrive in time to complete the suit before holloween....so we just spray painted the suit as is.

100_1103.JPG

100_1107.JPG

For the hands..I found some demon hands at a costume shop that had long finger nails, but was red. So I painted them with the same color scheme we had for the suit.

The feet I used some old boots and wrapped aluminum foil around to protect the leather. I sprayed great stuff all around and then carved it to the shape I needed. We spray painted them to match and I added some long toe nails made out of polymer clay.

100_1106.JPG

100_1105.JPG

For the mask I had to get creative.

I started with a hard hat, and took the guts out. Attached a chin strap. I added some roof flashing to the front to create a base for the front of the mask. I used great stuff all over the hat and face. Once it dried, I carved it into the shape I needed. I made sure to a have an avenue for the track laser. I used upholstery cotton cording and glued it into the mask back for the dread locks. The rings are just felt material glued to the locks. The mask is unproportional to the suit and my son. He is over six feet. So it looks like he's small with a big head.

I found the skull in the woods one day and he created the necklace with chicken and rib bones.

The shin guards, started with knee pads. I attached craft foam to the front and back. I made it so I could use the velrco and elastic to be wearable.

I guess I have about $75 into the suit. And the reaction of Predator running through the high school is priceless....

Who knew Predator played the drums?

100_1115.JPG

100_1119.JPG

100_1120.JPG

100_1121.JPG

100_1122.JPG

Nice job. My mom was just like you. She went all out for Halloween and gave me a love of the holiday that I hope to pass on to my daughter. One Halloween when I was 8, I wanted to be the Creature from the Black Lagoon. She made it for me. Wish I still had those pictures.
Love you mom!!

This is a great costume and I bet your son was so happy to wear it!! :)

The Predator bug bit my son just after Halloween and I have been gathering parts to make/buy a Predator costume for him as well.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back