The Spear Of Destiny (Sacre De Dio)

TimDrakeRobin

Sr Member
I just whipped this up tonight. It is a reproduction of the drawing of the spear of
Destiny that Constantine finds in the home of the posessed girl at the beginging
of the film.
Mine
000_0910.jpg

Movie
spearpic.jpg

Made the spear or the drawing? I heard that the spears that were used in Helboy, constantine, etc., were made by a company in Prague.

I made the drawing. I added a screencap to compare it too above.
I realized when I started drawing it that it shouldng have the three ring holes,
but oh well, i will just have to make another.

Originally posted by franz bolo@Mar 28 2006, 09:41 PM
My buddy knows the guy who made the one for the movie. I was going to visit him but I didn't have time.

FB
[snapback]1215075[/snapback]​

Wow thats neat. I am trying to track down some contact info for Kirk Corwin the prop master for Constantine so I can ask him about detailed pics of hard to find props from the movie.

The IM replica is well made and the price is quite reasonable compared to the prauge group that made them for the movie Hellboy ect. I did look closely into both before going with the posted one above.
There are a few replicas made of wood and resin posted on ebay, but comparing materials and price, I wanted to go with the metal piece.

At the time Hellboy came out, they were offering it at $ 850. I believe someone recently contacted them and they wanted $ 1150 for a replica. IM's is $ 365, well worth the cost for the quality you get.

thats actually a pretty good price. i may pick up one later. plates a little TOO full right now.

i gotta admit, im in a weird mood, but the price got me a chuckle.

"for only a little over a dollar a day, you can sponsor this spear. no longer will it have to sit in its storage box, it will learn that it can be free. free to sit on your shelf and get a terrific look around the room. please.... look into your hearts and see if you can help at least one of these poor spears...." :lol

think ill cut down on the late night tv for a while ;)

chris

Originally posted by TFrosst@Mar 28 2006, 03:49 PM
Made the spear or the drawing?  I heard that the spears that were used in Helboy, constantine, etc., were made by a company in Prague.
[snapback]1215087[/snapback]​

I talked to the guy and he said it wasn't made in Prague. He said they made some for someone in Prague.

He said in fact his company made the one in the movie Constantine.

He made the Baton Sword, Split Dagger and SS Dagger that was used in Hellboy.

He didn't state if it was a Stunt or Hero etc.

FB

The one I ordered from The Bronze Armory arrived today... I purchased it from Ebay from a guy in the UK, for a total of $180, including the plexiglass case, a book about the spear, and COA... I'll have pics up later

I think this thread may have strayed abit. :angel That is a very nice drawing very close to the screen used. That would be a nice addition to a Constantine display.

Paul

Sorry about this post then Paul. ;)
I contacted the original guys that made the spear of destiny after seeing Hellboy, this is the reply from them as to making one then:

Dear,
thank you for your e - mail and your interest in our goods. We can produce
the replica of Spear of Longinus for you. The exact budget is : Spear of Longinus / only head without the pole / 790 USD Postage and packing 30 USD Total price 820 USD
Our usual delivery time is 5 - 8 weeks after your payment . You have 2
possibilities of payment :
by CREDIT CARD - we accept Visa and Eurocard/Mastercard only. No electronic
cards. Credit Card No can be also faxed at 00420 251682138
/needed information : Credit card number, Holders name, Exp. Date, Security
code -the last three numbers from the back side of the credit card /
by BANK TRANSFER in USD - to bank account of three brothers, spol. s r.o.,
Komercni banka, Staromestske nam., Praha 1.
IBAN format of KB account CZ0601000000350707140277 BIC / SWIFT address /
KOMBCZPPXXX
If you think that our offer meets your requierement, please let us know the
way and the date of your payment. We look forward to hearing from you. Best regards Three Brothers

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back