The Sorting Hat from Harry Potter

RJN

This was my first attempt at making a hat...or any type of garment really. The main body of the hat is made from a faux suede curtain, the patches are made from scraps of velvet, which I dyed, and a linen placemat. The straps are made from an old linen shirt.....I like to recycle/repurpose things. it is all hand sewn. I used acrylic paint, sandpaper, wax, a wire brush and a needle to age the fabrics. I also made a stand for the hat from a wooden candlestick and wooden bowl. I coloured and aged both to make them more harmonious. IMG_2612.JPGIMG_2650.JPGIMG_2655.JPGIMG_2781.JPGIMG_2806.JPGIMG_2890.JPGIMG_2891.JPGIMG_2893.JPG

Thanks! I chose not to add the face as it didn’t make sense to me for it to have a face when it’s static.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! It took quite a while.

- - - Updated - - -

I also posted photos of my replica of Newt Scamander’s suitcase the other day. I don’t know how to link to it here. Sorry.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back