Star Wars Room Build - UPDATED!

B,

BE ABSOLUTELY PROUD of those pads! FANTASTIC! As frustrating as the process was (I went through it as well) and I'm sure your fingers are hurting from tearing all those towels... the end results is nothing short of amazing! I wasn't sure how the longer pad was going to look but you rocked it! I believe!

B,

BE ABSOLUTELY PROUD of those pads! FANTASTIC! As frustrating as the process was (I went through it as well) and I'm sure your fingers are hurting from tearing all those towels... the end results is nothing short of amazing! I wasn't sure how the longer pad was going to look but you rocked it! I believe!

Thank you sir! I really value the techniques and tips you have shared with this group. It was a long process, but totally worth it in the end. I can't wait to get all of these done and further the room. If I can be as happy with the room when it's done as I am with the way the pads turned out I'll be thrilled!!!!!

You sir are a talented artist... every post i have to sit up and get closer to the screen... just truly incredible

Hey all. We have another update for the room, and one step closer to getting something significant installed. I apologize as I didn't take nearly enough photos, and I'll get my act together for the next update. When filming these sections I get sidetracked and forget to take photos! So give the video a look if you have time, and as always, thank you for spending a few minutes checking out the project!!!

48037101498_168a7c5638_b.jpg

48037085818_10629fa5cd_b.jpg

48037041581_0a66675100_b.jpg

48037146297_2611793220_b.jpg

48037146337_d45c7269d3_b.jpg

And here is the latest build video showing this entire panel assembled and programmed!

For the Arduino programming, instead of a set animation loop, did you consider setting each LED on a timer?

So LED 1 is on for 3 seconds, off for 5.
LED 2 is on for 8 seconds, off for 2.

And so on. That way if you set up the timings properly it wouldn't be a perfect loop.

You didn’t update what you did the training remote did you? I haven’t been dedicated like I use to to the forum

Really over worked and rush to catch up on things here.

CHEESE & RICE! THAT'S SOME CHICKEN A-LA KING RIGHT THERE!

Great finds on that latest panel Fuzzual ! Where on Earth do you find all that stuff? Those pnuematic pistions are SO STARWARSY!

I for one would love a video of you finding parts, and items that have parts, and seeing you dismantle and select and sort them.

Has Lucasfilm contacted you yet? They're three blind mice if they don't! 'Cuz "This one is strong with the GEEK, I have felt it."

For the Arduino programming, instead of a set animation loop, did you consider setting each LED on a timer?

And so on. That way if you set up the timings properly it wouldn't be a perfect loop.

You could also set each one with a random value range so that it changes and is never repeated.
Pick your longest time that you'd want a single LED on and OFF and set a random second range. You could do it once for all of them or individually in case you want one LED to blink quickly and one to go more slowly. But that way any given LED could randomly go on and off at different increments like on for 1 sec, off for 5, on for 3, off for 1, etc.)

I can not wait to get home and see this audrino programming!!

I hope you liked it, it wasn't much . . . i'm a total hack! But thanks for checking it out.

I did not. I am such a noob when it comes to Arduino programming. For this first go I went super simple, but as this room gets further along I am sure I will need to up my game. I will certainly look into the timer, what you listed sounds perfect. Thank you for the suggestion.

You didn’t update what you did the training remote did you? I haven’t been dedicated like I use to to the forum

Really over worked and rush to catch up on things here.

I haven't just yet. I know where it is going to be installed, and I have some cool designs that I am digging, but time is always against me it seems. That being said, it is absolutely a priority!

CHEESE & RICE! THAT'S SOME CHICKEN A-LA KING RIGHT THERE!

Great finds on that latest panel Fuzzual ! Where on Earth do you find all that stuff? Those pnuematic pistions are SO STARWARSY!

I for one would love a video of you finding parts, and items that have parts, and seeing you dismantle and select and sort them.

Has Lucasfilm contacted you yet? They're three blind mice if they don't! 'Cuz "This one is strong with the GEEK, I have felt it."

LOL, thank you so much. I really appreciate all of what you said. We will totally do a strip down of stuff to show where we find this crazy stuff. Really appreciate you checking out the thread and video!

Very cool, this is inspiring indeed

Thank you!

You could also set each one with a random value range so that it changes and is never repeated.
Pick your longest time that you'd want a single LED on and OFF and set a random second range. You could do it once for all of them or individually in case you want one LED to blink quickly and one to go more slowly. But that way any given LED could randomly go on and off at different increments like on for 1 sec, off for 5, on for 3, off for 1, etc.)

That is a great idea man, thank you so much. It absolutely needs to be adjusted and I love the idea of it not repeating, I don't want someone to realize that it is repeating, and right now that is the case.

Thanks so much!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back