The Six Million Dollar Man: Col. Steve Austin (1/6 scale)

pengbuzz

Sr Member
My latest project; yeah, the likeness is a bit off, but it's the best I could do with the materials at hand:

100_7215_zpsr8dmgilb.jpg

100_7216_zpsruii0oka.jpg

100_7217_zpsinoq0a8n.jpg

* "Hey Steve! Lay off the whiskey, huh?!" - Oscar Goldman*

A preface before I really get into the bionics: on the original show, the intro showed the bionics in different-colored components, rather than the metal-colored stuff we see in the series. That always struck me as more interesting, so I thought I would run with that:

hqdefault_zps93yngfgg.jpg

six31_zpsf6lfqdl4.png

And here's what I got:

100_7218_zpsbvl2hn4e.jpg

100_7219_zpsljz8nb5l.jpg

100_7222_zpsdiewyfrd.jpg

100_7223_zpszknhbu1u.jpg

And of course, the sensor packs from the opening:

100_7228_zps08hwsuxf.jpg

But then, thinking about it, Steve looks nice and all in his red tracksuit, but going on a date (or anywhere else, for that matter!) is going to be problematic to say the least.

So, Oscar Goldman and Dr. Rudy Wells authorized me to make Steve a more normal-looking attire:

Oscar: "Peng, here's 6 bucks for his outfit."

Pengbuzz: "Um...why do I get 6 DOLLARS and Steve gets 6 MILLION?"

Rudy: "Because we blew our budget on Steve and Jaimie's bionics: this was all that was left in petty cash."

So, with that: here's Steve's new outfit:

100_7230_zpshysrzgrp.jpg

100_7232_zpssx2ax3rs.jpg

Next time, OSI's gonna have to get a bigger budget.

Then, I got bored:

100_7233_zpsnhkfn07e.jpg

100_7234_zpsefrx33dc.jpg

100_7235_zpsyicspbms.jpg

Thanks for looking folks!

I love it!!!

Bring back the Bionic Man!!!!

J

Yeah, I'd love to see them bring Steve back. The thing is though that you need a certain type of actor to pull him off. While I don't hate Mark Wahlberg (I know there's at least been talk of him being in a big-budget film version), I'm not altogether sure he would be the right choice for Col. Austin. As for a new TV series, a few years back they tried a new "Bionic Woman" series and that didn't do too well.

But I've been wrong before; that said, at least we can have some "bionic nostalgia", he?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back