The show your custom BLASTER thread!

Here's a concept that I developed a few years ago (when I was still using Tinkercad!)

jnK4NUy.jpg

The client wanted something reminiscent of a DL44, but not a DL44. I developed the pistol concept first (and still quite like it), and then after seeing Solo and the carbine concept for the DL44, i developed some add ons for the pistol so that it could be converted back and forth at will.
Fast forward a few years, and now we have 4 resin printers... so I may just dust this off and print the parts to start a build.
Designing digitally is fun, and it opens up lots of possibilities. BUT... kit bashing the old fashioned way is something I'd never want to completely give up. they both have their own wonderful aesthetics :)

I like it! I've been thinking, for the last 20 years, about doing a full size Bryar rifle. In the Dark Forces games, Kyle Katarn uses a Bryar pistol, which they said was a cut down rifle. I've always wondered what the rifle looked like.

That is too cool!
Is it an airsoft?

Yup! An airsoft Steyr M9A1, plus two aftermarket laser sights, one of which I heavily modified to serve as the top "rail." I covered up or modified the biggest airsoft tells on the Steyr – filling in the seam for the removable CO2 cover and cutting the barrel shorter.

Like many, I wasn’t in love with the obvious AK in Andor. It was immediately obvious, and the magazine really stood out to me, considering that there aren’t a whole lot of blasters with obvious magazines. So I decided to approach it as a challenge.

I started off with, not the AK, ironically enough, but its predecessor, the SKS.
Simonow_SKS_45_noBG.jpg

I wanted it to have a little hint of the AK without being obvious. A little Photoshop brainstorming and I came up with this.
4B1980F3-EB8F-43C9-A92F-FBAA22A48540.png

I brought this into Fusion 360 as a canvas and got to work.
97F4E9B8-DD70-42B6-A129-45DCEEB113AC.jpeg

Here is where I’m at now. It’s still a work in progress, but I think it’s interesting at least.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back