The show your custom BLASTER thread!

I love this one:

Anything you're able to share about what it's made from?
Thanks man, the base is just some cheap dollar store police toy, and the rest is just bashed together rubbish, not from anything in particular just plastic tubes and plumbing parts mostly.

Dollar store guns are a great source of blaster bases if you live in a country where airsoft guns and similar things are illegal (like australia).

Below is an example of the kind of thing I mean.

Attachments

• 1646116029141.png
    1646116029141.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 113
I've had the Idea of creating a custom Sniper Rifle Style Blaster Prop using the Relby V-10 as a Base, I found an incomplete Resin Kit online and I was planning to get it when I could afford it but then I found this kit online:

Has anyone bought it before if so is it the right size?

I've had the Idea of creating a custom Sniper Rifle Style Blaster Prop using the Relby V-10 as a Base, I found an incomplete Resin Kit online and I was planning to get it when I could afford it but then I found this kit online:

Has anyone bought it before if so is it the right size?
It´s molded from an actual Schermuly, so yes...it is "the right size" ;)

Alright!
Hey again everyone, Here's my latest- a big heavy blaster pistol, all made from found parts! (nearly)
Every part of this blaster besides the grip is made of real genuine rubbish, all from my local recycling plant.

(The grip was 3D printed from this file on Thingiverse: Sony Action Cam pistol grip mount by mcinnes81)

IMG_5417.jpg
IMG_5409.jpg

I chose this grip because it resembled some of the speargun handles that a few real SW blasters use. I went with a grey base showing through the paint because I noticed some of the real blasters had the same kind of wear.

IMG_5418.jpg
IMG_5419.jpg
IMG_5423.jpg

The devil is in the details, right? I'm very happy with how the weathering came out on this one, especially the paint chipping.

Now just some thoughts I've had looking through the thread;
I see a lot of nice replicas on here made of genuine firearms and expensive machined parts, but I really wanted to show that you don't need any of that to make your own quality props. It's good to aim high, but if you're a new maker and you're reading this, don't be intimidated by all of the amazing things you see on here! Get inspired instead. Make the most of what you have and most importantly have fun doing it!

IMG_5400.jpg

Last edited:
Hello again all! Just wanted to drop some photos off of a new project I am working on. Not sure where the inspiration came from other than I try to build blasters that I can actually use in Airsoft as I play it quite regularly. Got hyped back up by Book of Boba and this is the newest result of the trend, base gun is a handheld 40mm grenade launcher. What are some of your thoughts? Some recommendations going forward on it? It’s not finished, some painting and weathering left, maybe some more green lies. Hope you enjoy!
View attachment 1543724View attachment 1543725View attachment 1543726View attachment 1543727View attachment 1543728View attachment 1543729
Dude This is Sick, my grenade launcher literally arrived today and this is the look I was going for only i want to add a pipe and stock to make it into more of a rifle. How did you get the wooden grips and what are those pieces on the barrel you are using?

Hello again all! Just wanted to drop some photos off of a new project I am working on. Not sure where the inspiration came from other than I try to build blasters that I can actually use in Airsoft as I play it quite regularly. Got hyped back up by Book of Boba and this is the newest result of the trend, base gun is a handheld 40mm grenade launcher. What are some of your thoughts? Some recommendations going forward on it? It’s not finished, some painting and weathering left, maybe some more green lies. Hope you enjoy!
View attachment 1543724View attachment 1543725View attachment 1543726View attachment 1543727View attachment 1543728View attachment 1543729
Dude This is Sick, my grenade launcher literally arrived today and this is the look I was going for only i want to add a pipe and stock to make it into more of a rifle. What are those pieces on the barrel you are using?

Can anyone answer me a few questions?
I want to make this a project of mine. Where would I go about getting small parts (metal or plastic) for the blaster, and being in the UK where would I be able to get weapon bodies to build off? and how long does it usually take to make one and how much altogether did you spend on it?

Thanks!

So could anyone answer me a few questions?
I want To make this a project of mine, how would I go about getting the small metal parts without buying them online? Where did you guys get parts from? I’m in the UK , does anyone know where I can get weapon bodies to build a blaster off of?
Also how much did you guys spend making yours altogether and how long did it take?

Thanks!

So could anyone answer me a few questions?
I want To make this a project of mine, how would I go about getting the small metal parts without buying them online? Where did you guys get parts from? I’m in the UK , does anyone know where I can get weapon bodies to build a blaster off of?
Also how much did you guys spend making yours altogether and how long did it take?

Thanks!

A lot of people just collect junk wherever they find it. If it looks like it's a blaster part or it's just cool, you put it in a parts box. I've found lots of cool parts taking apart old electronics or anything pretty much. There's no set place to find things. As for a base gun, you can try Denix for replica guns, look for toy guns, air guns, etc. Just use your imagination.

A lot of people just collect junk wherever they find it. If it looks like it's a blaster part or it's just cool, you put it in a parts box. I've found lots of cool parts taking apart old electronics or anything pretty much. There's no set place to find things. As for a base gun, you can try Denix for replica guns, look for toy guns, air guns, etc. Just use your imagination.
Great thanks a lot for the info and help!
As far as a base gun I’ve bought a small full metal pistol for £7.99, wondering how I’ll go about weathering the metal and plastic handgrip as I want to make it look worn, any tips on that kind of thing?

Just started out on a full metal BB gun taken it apart and weathered it a bit, need greeblies and ideas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
Updated blaster
Going to cover up the obvious bits when I find more Greeblies that fit.
This is my first ever go at a blaster and I took a lot of inspiration off of this forum
Let me know what you all think

Construction:
Bought a £7 full metal spring BB gun (free delivery too) , took it apart and went scavenging round my flat for small metal parts, electronic parts and other greeblies.
I also went to a vintage store in my city and found some cheap things totalling £5.
Hardware store had a scrap bin and you could basically pay £3 to take like 1-2kg of metal. So I got the barrel and muzzle from that.
There’s a bike thru axle on here as well as some spark plug fittings, plumbing parts, and also some machined parts for the under barrel and scope.
I had very simple tools at hand, but it took me a few hours to construct after finding the parts.
A lot of the greeblies were super glued , and I’m in the process of fixing the barrel more stable by drilling a hole in and screwing it to the lower, and using maybe a hose pipe to fix it more sturdy.
Still need more greeblies as I said , but it looks pretty good I think for a first timer

Attachments

• 4F337BC4-3087-4FA7-8CD1-218BE648CDC2.jpeg
    4F337BC4-3087-4FA7-8CD1-218BE648CDC2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
  • 9686CDCC-DC38-49FE-B964-3F49847FA842.jpeg
    9686CDCC-DC38-49FE-B964-3F49847FA842.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 126
  • 73E27B5D-10E2-44B2-86B7-79B766695BA2.jpeg
    73E27B5D-10E2-44B2-86B7-79B766695BA2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 130
Hello, I am new to this. This is my attempt at a blaster.

It consists of the following:

• a rubber band gun
  • an igniter
  • a bulb rose attachment
  • 30mm pipe
  • 20mm pipe and connector
  • 200mm wall pipe brackets
I removed the extra stuff off the rubber band gun to have a base. I sawed off part of the igniter to leave the handle and end part.
I rearranged the bulb rose to have a piece of 30mm pipe for the length, and finally I created a scope from 20mm pipe and 2 connectors on each end. I used the end of the igniter at the end of the barrel for a nozzle. What do you guys think of it?

Hello, I am new to this. This is my attempt at a blaster.

It consists of the following:

• a rubber band gun
  • an igniter
  • a bulb rose attachment
  • 30mm pipe
  • 20mm pipe and connector
  • 200mm wall pipe brackets
I removed the extra stuff off the rubber band gun to have a base. I sawed off part of the igniter to leave the handle and end part.
I rearranged the bulb rose to have a piece of 30mm pipe for the length, and finally I created a scope from 20mm pipe and 2 connectors on each end. I used the end of the igniter at the end of the barrel for a nozzle. What do you guys think of it?

that base gun could have a very Jango inspired look to it :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back