The Shining - Danny's Apollo II sweater reference thread

vlcsnap-00141.png

Hello all,
I plan to eventually create a knitting pattern for this, so we can all adapt for our own needs. But the sake of this thread will be to collect reference of the original screen-used sweater.

There are many online/for sale but none match the original. I spoke to Lee Unkrich (director of Coco and Toy Story 3) who confirms that he owns an original screen-used sweater and it's currently on loan to the travelling Stanley Kubrick exhibition. The exhibition doesn't arrive in my country until later this year, so the only reference I have is what I can find online. Please feel free to post any photographs you may have and join my quest.

Thanks,
James

8938465641_ca055a5f49_o.jpg

image-1_2_.jpg
shining_sweater.jpg
Stanley_Kubrick_The_Exhibition_-_TIFF_-_Shining_(15675616924).jpg
9169948956_e1ef0b3184_o.jpg
14495513672_4e1148e3a7_o.jpg
vlcsnap-00002.png
vlcsnap-00004.png
vlcsnap-00003.png

I've found what must be the original pattern used for Danny's sweater - if you look the price is one shilling in old UK currency which was discontinued in 1971 well before the Shining went into production. I've paid for a download of the whole thing and I can post the link for this if anyone's interested.
jumper.jpg

I've found what must be the original pattern used for Danny's sweater - if you look the price is one shilling in old UK currency which was discontinued in 1971 well before the Shining went into production. I've paid for a download of the whole thing and I can post the link for this if anyone's interested.

Yes, please!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back