The Royal Tenenbaums

Ben Philosophy

I thought I would try and make a cover for Margot Tenenbaum's book Three Plays from Wes Anderson's film The Royal Tenenbaums.

Criterion released some images of the books that are found throughout the film, however, they are low resolution and only show the front cover.

This is the image released by Criterion:

tenenbooks_2-threeplays_large.jpg

The rest of the Criterion images can be found here:
http://www.criterion.com/current/posts/2406-the-tenenbaums-and-co-in-print

As for the spine and the back of the cover, the whole of the book is only shown in two parts of the film. Screen shots of which are here:

vlcsnap-2014-11-06-14h23m14s224.pngvlcsnap-2014-11-06-14h20m29s165.png

From these screenshots I managed to get this far making a copy:

View attachment Margot Tenenbaum Three Plays Book Cover.jpg

The only thing I can tell about the blurb is that it begins with Margot's name and has the titles of the plays in bold text. So I have put in some placeholder text until I can come up with something better.

The other main thing that is missing from my cover is the text from the right hand side box on the back of the cover. I couldn't make out what the three words are meant to be, can anybody else?

Cheers

It looks to me that the title erotic transference should be up in the top right side box and only the other two titles in the lower pink section. Check out the picture of him laying in the bed to confirm this. As for the blurb what you wrote looks good to me. Keep it up looks great.

Beautiful work, Ben. I'm loving this project. Can't wait to see your finished version. Please post it here. I will definitely do a book wrap with this. This is one of the greatest comedies ever made. I waiting a long time before seeing, and I have no idea why I waited. It's brilliant! Great work. Love this prop!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back