The Rock-a-who? My Rocketeer helmet build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

giric thren

Hey,

As all of my friends know, The Rocketeer is my absolute favorite movie. I don't know what took me so long to take on this amazing helmet (and maybe more....eventually)

I got this beautiful helmet from Ozymandias, and am blown away at it.

I've gotten a bit done on it for a while, and it's already my favorite prop I've ever done. Definitely the best looking one.

uploadfromtaptalk1424675420950.jpg Brown Box Day!!

uploadfromtaptalk1424675018670.jpg once I got it out of the box, I did a test fit for the fin.

uploadfromtaptalk1424675067883.jpg I got the eyes trimmed, and started on the mouth. I still have finishing work to do.

uploadfromtaptalk1424675120917.jpg I look like a hood ornament. Sorry, I had to.

uploadfromtaptalk1424675152170.jpg I applied a light coat of primer to find small imperfections

uploadfromtaptalk1424675216023.jpg So I have learned that I am horrible at using bondo. Would anyone have suggestions on proper sanding, and application?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking,

Thomas

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

giric thren

Okay, so I removed all the bondo. It actually wasn't difficult, probably because it wasn't applied correctly. Any suggestions, or comments?

Here's the helmet as it sits right now. Does anyone know what this helmet is made of? Looking for the best epoxy, and it'd be helpful to know.

uploadfromtaptalk1424756633038.jpg

I don't hate the current color scheme

Thanks,

Thomas