The Riddler Skull Cane! (finished pics page 2)

MrPinski

Sr Member
So a fellow member buddy of mine was like "hey dude, can you make me the Riddler's Skull cane from Batman Forever?" "I was like... I can try..."

I have never sculpted anything without a little body shopping here and there... This is my first attempt... This took about 4 hours in total over 2 days. I started with a styrofoam ball for the armature and now I am here. The clay I am using is Magic Sculpt and I am sculpting in sections and wait for it to set a bit before adding more on top. Any thoughts or things I can be doing better?

Thanks for the thoughts guys and dolls :)

(Original Prop)

Untitled by MrPinski1, on Flickr
(My sculpt so far)

(Comparisons)

Check out the Flickr for more pictures :)

Last edited:
Re: The Riddler Skull Cane!

I didn't even realize his cane HAD a skull. My wife and I had a Batman marathon a couple weeks ago. How did I not see this? I only remember the metal one that looked more like a Z than a ?.

Looks better than the original though. Keep it up!

I think it is really excellent. If you want a little nit picky critisism, I think the top outer corners of the eye sockets are a little exagerated. Personally, If I sculpted it, I wouldn't risk messing it up for such a small detail. At any rate it looks really awesome.

I think it is really excellent. If you want a little nit picky critisism, I think the top outer corners of the eye sockets are a little exagerated. Personally, If I sculpted it, I wouldn't risk messing it up for such a small detail. At any rate it looks really awesome.

Thanks! I'll get that going too!

I actually like yours better than the original movie one.

Thanks!

I didn't even realize his cane HAD a skull. My wife and I had a Batman marathon a couple weeks ago. How did I not see this? I only remember the metal one that looked more like a Z than a ?.

Looks better than the original though. Keep it up!

Thank you! It's the final cane he as in Forever, When he say's "Bummer" he pushed the button on the forehead and Chase and Robin fall out of their cages to their death! haha

I own both movie Riddler canes which can be seen on yourprops (through the link of my signature) and I must say you've done a great job at sculpting the skull. I'm looking forward to your progress on this piece :)

So I got some work done today.

I got the wrong color stone from the ebay seller, but it was cool enough for a fitting.
The gold color was just to check if I am on the right track.

reprimed after a bit more cleaning:

one more layer of clear coat and I will be molding this thing so I can add some electronics after casting:

I really don't know... I really only planned on molding the skull itself because I need it hollow. but if there is interest in some other pieces to make this thing for yourself, yeah I can totally mold the rest. :)

Oh I can do the cane , I've been planning on it , but the skull has always alluded me..... ( terrible sculptor : ( ). I'd honestly be interested in the skull : )

Here is the first casting. I think it came out wonderful. There are no pour spouts on this mold, so I add resin, I close the mold and I slush it for a bit until it all cures. The parting line has about zero flash on it as well. A bit of 220 grit should clean it up in no time at all.

I check this every time you post!! I'm a huge Batman fan, and I love seeing any Batman props come to life. I'm not a huge fan of Batman Forever, but your prop is excellent!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back