The Riddler (Arkham City) takes over Gotham

E Nigma

Hi everyone, first time costume poster here, thought I'd show off my custom made Riddler costume from the new game Arkham City. A lot of credit goes to my wife for her awesome sewing skills. I ironed on all the question marks, but she did all the sewing.

And you can find the making-of post for the cane HERE.

On Halloween night after work, my wife and I wandered the streets of Gotham (Chicago) and took a ton of pics. These are some of the best ones, and in some of them I made some 'enhancements' to reality. Nothing was planned, we just walked around and got some amazing (and lucky) shots!

So, without further ado - I present, The Riddler takes over Gotham (Chicago)!

Here is the image that started it all: the recreation of the game's official wallpaper.

the_riddler_wallpaper__recreated_by_thequestion1-d4fhhc8.jpg

Standing in Millennium Park looking back into the city, I see the Commissioner has summoned the Bat.

bat_signal_by_thequestion1-d4fhdoq.jpg

Underneath the El Train in the heart of Gotham.

the_riddler_takes_over_chicago_by_thequestion1-d4fhe8j.jpg

I decided to leave Batman a message on the marquis at the Chicago theater. And, as you can see, I made the world famous sign more...accurate.

gotham_city_theater_by_thequestion1-d4fhdwe.jpg

Walking past the Auditorium Theater I see an ad for their upcoming Musical classic. I corrected it for them.

riddler_on_the_roof_by_thequestion1-d4fhdwh.jpg

Back in Millennium Park, the Crown Fountains put on a light show, choosing just the right color.

crown_fountain___purple_by_thequestion1-d4fhdwl.jpg

And then an even better color!

crown_fountain___green_by_thequestion1-d4fhdwq.jpg

If you hit me hard I'll crack, but you can never stop me from staring back. What am I? (Cool shot of me at the Bean in Millennium Park.)

the_riddler_takes_over_chicago_by_thequestion1-d4fheli.jpg

On the corner of LaSalle and Adams in front of the Chicago (Gotham) Board of Trade (not pictured.) This is the actual street where Joker flipped that huge Semi truck a few years back. What a clown...

south_lasalle_and_adams_by_thequestion1-d4fhdwr.jpg

Holding my neon question mark, I tried to recreate the Riddler Trophy concept art from the game.

riddler_trophy_concept_art_by_thequestion1-d4fhdwu.jpg
joker2.jpg

Another pose with a Riddler trophy. I would just like to point out I have had this neon question mark for far longer than either game has existed!

the_riddler_takes_over_chicago_by_thequestion1-d4fheo6.jpg

A portrait while experimenting with some different lighting conditions.

the_riddler_takes_over_chicago_by_thequestion1-d4fherd.jpg

And last but not least, the funniest part of the night. We were standing on Michigan Ave in front of the Art Institute Museum when this guy comes sprinting past us at full speed. As he passed, he did a double take and stopped to chat (and warn me about causing trouble.) He said his "friend" informed him about me (by his friend, he meant Batman of course...he was really in character.) Really nice guy, we had a few laughs, a handshake and a picture - and he took off again in a full sprint.

picture_with_flash_by_thequestion1-d4fhdwx.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I was waiting for someone to put this one together, and you pulled it off amazingly. I loved the costume design from Arkham Asylum/City and so far I've loved every costume from the game/s I've seen presented here. Kudos on a job very well done, and that's an excellent Trophy you built.

Fantastic photos... Really, you def captured the feel of Arkham with those. The costume is spot on too. Now i know how the Riddler got into all those crazy places to hide trophies.He had some serious boots. LOL Great Work :thumbsup

haha this is awesome, great job dude! Love to see this whilst walking around town everyday!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

You know the jacket isn't as over the top as my other Riddler costumes, and the colors are very subdued. I could easily wear the jacket under regular circumstances, and I just might! (I'll make sure to leave the cane and hat at home though. ;)

love the props and the work on the back of the jacket is great!

my only suggestion is to find a hat that matches the color of your jacket closer.. the velveteen party hats texture doesnt match as well as it could.

that and grow out abit more of a 9oclock shadow :) great work man! i love that riddler trophy! i'd try to buy one of those if they ever showed up in the junkyard.

love the props and the work on the back of the jacket is great!

my only suggestion is to find a hat that matches the color of your jacket closer.. the velveteen party hats texture doesnt match as well as it could.

that and grow out abit more of a 9oclock shadow :) great work man! i love that riddler trophy! i'd try to buy one of those if they ever showed up in the junkyard.

I totally agree with the hat comment! It is the only part of the costume which is not a real piece of apparel and it really bugs me. I searched high and low to find an olive or khaki green Derby, but had no luck. Or when I did find something, it was the totally wrong color. I am going to continue to search and hopefully find one before Chicago Comic-Con next year where I plan on wearing the outfit again.

And as for the trophy - I actually bought that on ebay close to a decade ago for about $15. The seller had a few of them, I wish I had bought them all. But yeah, as soon as they started using them in Arkham Asylum I was like "heck yeah...already got me one of those!!" :lol

Could you please by any chance send me or post on here the dimensions for your Cane and where you got your jacket and other materials from? It would be a huge help!

I really love your Riddler Cosplay, I actually liked it so much that it inspired me to make mine. I also used the pictures of your cane to make mine.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back