The Revenant (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
The Revenant by director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, another one of my anticipated movies of 2015.

20th Century Fox's presentation at CinemaCon.

devincf: THE REVENANT: shot in all natural light. On screen text explained themes to audience.

colliderfrosty: Just saw a few min of raw footage from THE REVENANT. As you expect it looks stunning and loaded with beautiful photography. Very impressive

colliderfrosty: THE REVENANT was filmed using only natural light and in extreme locations

EricVespe: Favorite footage from the Fox presentation was from Inarritu's The Revenant. Mountain Man DiCaprio fighting for his life in the wilderness.

EricVespe: The Revenant footage looked Malick-y. All shot with (gorgeous) natural light by DoP Emmanuel Lubezki. Intense.

colliderfrosty: Best of the panel was THE REVENANT and THE MARTIAN. Both looked awesome and impressive for different reasons. Fox is going to have huge year

Cinemacon: THE REVENANT Is Going To Win Lubezki Another Oscar | Badass Digest

Last edited:
Re: The Revenant

Looks intense. It may not be a theater viewing for me (I generally only do theater for only a select few movies), but I'll see it eventually.

It looks very intense. Way to Leo and Innaritu. A movie I have never heard of is now a must see.

This story was done in 1971 with Richard Harris -- Man in the Wilderness (character name Zach Bass instead of Hugh Glass). Read about the real character Hugh Glass or should I say Hugh Bad A**!

This story was done in 1971 with Richard Harris -- Man in the Wilderness (character name Zach Bass instead of Hugh Glass). Read about the real character Hugh Glass or should I say Hugh Bad A**!

Wow. They say it's based on this book: http://www.amazon.com/Revenant-Nove...8&qid=1438290528&sr=8-1&keywords=the+revenant

But that books sounds remarkably like the movie you are talking about. I'm surprised it was even able to be published without a lawsuit.

Leo's come along way since Titanic and that era, apparently he insisted on eating raw buffalo in the movie instead of faking it.

It was amazing. The only scene that took me out of it was the wolf and buffalo scene. It was visually stunning and beautiful despite the violent material. Some shots lingered and just showed a depth of agony and despair that felt so true to life. Leo needs to bring one home for his performance, although Tom Hardy was no slouch!

The wolf and buffalo scene... Where he meets the Indian? The bear attack was amazing! The whole film is visually stunning,and haunting. I have no faith in the academy, but yea Leo deserves to bring one home for this film.

Everyone seems so focused on the Oscar thing... meh... probably not going to happen and who cares?

This movie was one of the most visually beautiful and haunting movies I have seen in a long time. If you are looking for an action adventure (as the trailers implied) this is NOT the movie for you. It is slow... VERY VERY slow at points, but it is incredible all the same. There was also some incredibly cool camera work in this film and considering so much was done on-location, I don't even know how some of it was achieved but it was very cool.

I don't know if I could call it a great movie, but it was a stunning movie and really makes you exceedingly thankful for the comfy lives we live today.

PS... why aren't more people talking about this?!?

Do you think Leo will finally receive an Oscar for The Revenant?

And, to those who have seen it, do you think he deserves one for his performance?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back