The Revell Snap tight kit (Standard Tie)

Thanks for this, I didn't know about it! It does look pretty good. And the pilot appears to be about 1/32 scale, about the same as the MPC Vader's TIE. Very cool.

Ok guys just going to hit you up with pics it's a snap
kit nothing tricky. ALthough i would recommend using some
CA glue on the inner cockpit walls and the edges of the solar
panels where needed. Other wise nice kit i am looking to get another,
to paint maybe do some light mods....but not this one this one was
just "Snapped together" LOL

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Thanks for this, I didn't know about it! It does look pretty good. And the pilot appears to be about 1/32 scale, about the same as the MPC Vader's TIE. Very cool.

Actually if you don't figure in the vader figure which is oversized the vaders tie comes in at 1/48. I have two of the BCI tie fighters which are 1/48 and build to be in scale with the MPC vaders tie. They use the cockpit grill/glass from the MPC model. I also have the studio scale tie fighter at 1/24 and the BCI are half that size/ 1/2 studio scale. It's just the vader figure that is oversize and throws people off as they measure the kit by the size of the figure.

Interestingly enough and typical of Finemolds. Their 1/48 tie fighter is not actually 1/48.

I saw this kit a couple of weekends ago, wasn't sure about the size so I passed.
Looking at your review I will definately pick up two, or three.
One can never have too many tie fighters.
Thanks for sharing, it looks impressive, especially for the price.

I just picked up this kit, and it looks pretty good. Much better than any other Revell or MPC SW kit. It's got the kind of detail and quality of molding that they should have had all along. I can't comment on fit yet, but the details are crisp. The wing star details look spot on to me.

After seeing this thread I ordered one.. Anyone plan or doing any painting or weathing? I have not built many painted kits.

The paint is strange, it's molded in light blue gray plastic with light gray streaks painted on. The black wing panels are also painted flat black. I did a quick snap build just to see it together, but I plan to repaint it.

Ohhh, I passed on one of these at toys are us, not long ago. You are right! The box art did not look inviting.

will have to look for one over here, I think TOys are us has sold out.

PS: I have a replacement darth vader for the MPC advanced tie if anyone needs one. Again I am not sure if I can cast it but anyone is welcome to try.

Thanks for the review.

Ozzy

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back