'The Return of the Rocketeer' coming to Disney+

However it leaves it to speculation that Hughes is an inventor. He just didn't make the first jetpack and that was it. He had to again speculation build a few prototypes before finalizing the one we see in The Rocketeer Movie.

There were at least 2 earlier prototypes, but they would have been destroyed in the same accidents that killed the 2 test pilots. I just don't see the need to retcon when the movie tells us where the next version of the pack is coming from.

I always loved this concept

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 8.11.48 PM.png

I will wait to see how the jet pack comes out along with everything else to see if they took off from using Peevy new improved design or not. Obviously we can say what we want. Eventually we will have to wait to see what direction the Director, Writers, Concept Artists etc, etc take then we all know a lot more. Regardless I am excited to see the Rocketeer fly again. I picked up this little Funko Pop from Funko.com. Agreed I love alot the Rocketeer concept art and art created by fellow Rocketeer fans lots to choose from.

Attachments

• 89E2B674-3D07-4C9D-A16A-CF4137CA1465.jpeg
    89E2B674-3D07-4C9D-A16A-CF4137CA1465.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 831E4FA9-86A4-418A-B9D6-DBCBE67FF051.jpeg
    831E4FA9-86A4-418A-B9D6-DBCBE67FF051.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 116
  • E8FA78A8-F5B6-4931-A8E6-794EEBC6762C.jpeg
    E8FA78A8-F5B6-4931-A8E6-794EEBC6762C.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I loved the movie as a kid but had no idea until reading this thread that it was based on a comic book. I think the idea of bringing in the Tuskeegee Airmen is great. Hopefully they don't mess it up.
The comics are great, man. They really capture the time period so much better than the movie did. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie, but it just didn't recreate the atmosphere of 1930s California like the comic books did. There's something magical about them. If you can find one of the old large format "Adventure Magazine"s, buy it. You won't regret it.

When I was a teen in the '80s, my mom started handpainting on t-shirts as a hobby. She asked me what I wanted, and I gave her one of my Adventure Magazines and said "this".

20210831_203048.jpg

Last edited:
The comics are great, man. They really capture the time period so much better than the movie did. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie, but it just didn't recreate the atmosphere of 1930s California like the comic books did. There's something magical about them. If you can find one of the old large format "Adventure Magazine"s, buy it. You won't regret it.

When I was a teen in the '80s, my mom started handpainting on t-shirts as a hobby. She asked me what I wanted, and I gave her one of my Adventure Magazines and said "this".

View attachment 1489900

Good to know. I'll have to check those out!

Ditto not hard to assemble the collection if folks really want to get them. All the covers are great. I really lean towards the IDW Alex Ross bold and stylish. You may have it in your collection.

Attachments

• 787B8F98-C077-4EF3-BFA4-0B736C71B36E.jpeg
    787B8F98-C077-4EF3-BFA4-0B736C71B36E.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Going to watch the original sometime soon as I don't remember very much of it. Not sure I've seen the entire movie. Did not realize Timothy Dalton and Jennifer Connelly are in it, should be fun. Also didn't know it was a comic.

I will wait to see how the jet pack comes out along with everything else to see if they took off from using Peevy new improved design or not. Obviously we can say what we want. Eventually we will have to wait to see what direction the Director, Writers, Concept Artists etc, etc take then we all know a lot more. Regardless I am excited to see the Rocketeer fly again. I picked up this little Funko Pop from Funko.com. Agreed I love alot the Rocketeer concept art and art created by fellow Rocketeer fans lots to choose from.
I was just going to say I’d like to see the vintage jet pack stay the same

like if the movie takes place in the (50s) still have the 30s area jet pack

it was the late 30s that movie took place right ?

I was just going to say I’d like to see the vintage jet pack stay the same

like if the movie takes place in the (50s) still have the 30s area jet pack

it was the late 30s that movie took place right ?
Hi Halliwax,
You know i would love to see a vintage jetpack as well hell anything ideal for that era or slightly updated. You know be reasonable with the latest level technology with those early years. Correct it set in the late 30's according to Google, "Set in 1938 Los Angeles, California"

Not sure if anyone else ran into it, but i thought it was cute and little homage to the Rocketeer. Its Disney Jr. The Rocketeer here are 2 pics below for reference.

Attachments

• Disney Jr - 1.PNG
    Disney Jr - 1.PNG
    416.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Disney Jr - 2.PNG
    Disney Jr - 2.PNG
    312.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Hi Halliwax,
You know i would love to see a vintage jetpack as well hell anything ideal for that era or slightly updated. You know be reasonable with the latest level technology with those early years. Correct it set in the late 30's according to Google, "Set in 1938 Los Angeles, California"

Not sure if anyone else ran into it, but i thought it was cute and little homage to the Rocketeer. Its Disney Jr. The Rocketeer here are 2 pics below for reference.
I watched it with my grandson. I really liked it.

jeteteer poster.jpg

:p

I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a completely new design for the ROCKET pack.

Within the context of the story, yes the pack was destroyed but yes Peevy has the drawing that he made of how the thing worked. If he built another pack, I would imagine that he probably would have made a few tweaks and modifications to the internals to improve performance, and it follows that he just might make some modifications to the external shell as well.

Within the context of real-world film production, it never fails that when a new director and a new production designer begin a production that's a continuation of a previous film/story, they always have to put their own stink on it, and a lot of things get redesigned, even though it's not necessary.

As for the original film pack vs. the comic pack, they did make a prototype comic-style pack... and it looked ridiculous.

rproto.jpg

Don't get me wrong - that's some beautiful work, but it's just too goofy to be believable.

The redesign for the film was brilliant - it fit the era and it looked believably functional.

I don't know if the fins will be a permanent feature on the "new" Jetpack (too '30s Art-Deco) If we are in the early '50s than the design could mimic the Mid-Century Modern type of design and architecture. (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back