The Restored United States of America Flag

FrankWalker

I know "The Postman" may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I have a soft spot for it. I've always liked the flag and thought it'd be a simple prop. I recently rediscovered an old flag I had and decided today I'm going to make this prop that I've always wanted... So many pics to come, as this will be a one day build, haha. Stay tuned!
fic(post.gif the-postman.9126.jpg

Made some pretty good progress today. Didn't get to complete it, some things came up, but I did get the star cut out, as well as all the letters. Went to the fabric store and found a fabric very close in color, and even texture. Dyed it with a tiny bit of brown fabric dye which brought it a little closer to the original color. But even then, in the film, the additions to the flag stand out as newer... My goal is to sew it all together tomorrow.

20150705_170051.jpg 20150705_195857.jpg

Also scored these two beauties on ebay today... The jacket is accurate, the only different on the hat is where this one has a 3, the screen used hat has a guy riding a horse. The rest of the badge is accurate...

$_57-2.JPG$_57.JPG
ThePostman-Still8.jpg

Well, I originally had thought about just grabbing the sewing machine and doing the letters... But then I thought, well they'd be hand sewn. So I started doing that, and I love how it looks, but ****** this'll take me forever. Good thing there's no rush, haha.

20150706_231403.jpg 20150706_231410.jpg

It's coming along. Now with Comic Con out of the way, I can get back to sewing on those letters... I did however get my jacket and hat in! Oh the fun!! One day, it'll be a great costume to wear to a Con, and better believe I will carry the flag with me!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back