The real McCoys.....from Fox Studios

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

heckinohio

These are live guns in my gun collection. I am never sure of the order the pictures will appear in the thread.......so....The bigger black gun on the shelf, with bipod, and boxy telescope, is a US Military Benet-Mercie. I am not sure why that designation. It was very early in machine gun use. The name implies French involvement. Not many were made by Springfield Armory in Mass., this one is #337. It is marked Model of 1909. It is also stamped Fox Studios.

The next gun is a Russian PPd 40. Used early in WW 2, replaced by the PPsH 41. (Gun below in the picture). It came from Strembridge Movie Prop. rental (?? not sure I have that name correct) and is marked "OK for 9mm blanks". I took the blank device off and replaced the 9mm barrel with an original 7.62x25 version.

The next one with the conventional length stock is an Italian M-38. It also came with a blanks firing adapter. This one required only the removal of the device that was threaded onto the front of the barrel jacket. That was replaced by the normal anti-flash device you see. While I know this gun came from Strembridge Rentals, it is not so marked.

These guns are now fully functional & Donna and I have shot them on occasion over the past several years.

A bit of movie history for those who appreciate such.!!!!

PJH

lKz3jdGl.jpg

79WkY00l.jpg

7Xgu6RSl.jpg

G15JN9Il.jpg

G15JN9Il.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Mach

Nice collection! The 1909 is a Hotchkiss M1909 Benét–Mercié.

"It was adopted by the US in 1909 as the "Benét–Mercié Machine Rifle, Caliber .30 U. S. Model of 1909" firing the .30-06 cartridge. The name comes from three sources: Hotchkiss, the name of the American Benjamin B. Hotchkiss who started the company in France; the two main designers, Lawrence Benét and Henri Mercié; and the US designation system at time which label arms with "Model of Year"."