The 'REAL" Face of Darth Vader

In the eighties I worked with a Vietnam veteran, not sure why that's relevant but I'll point it out anyways, I was young and gave his words gravity I guess, ROTJ had come out a few years before and he said how he was disappointed with humpty dumpty under the mask. He would not have been disappointed with your work I'm certain!

With respect to your talent......that is nothing I can imagine Vader looking like on any level.

Looks like zombie/evil/angry guy from a Night of The Living Dead movie.

Just my OP

Welllll....I guess that's why I've done Vader in this style,which for the most part has been Very Well Appreciated for it's Originality, Creative Direction and Overall Concept, and you shaven't......................
p.s. Next time......Try some 'Out Of The box Thinking' on future projects..... it may add some Unexpected, or much needed, Originality to your projects that most likely otherwise will turn out mundane, unimaginative or just plain worthless.......................with respect.:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how you kept the original cut in the cranium! I think the burnt up extra damaged look is good, the idea works well. I would suggest as a later concept to try a straight faced vader, kind of neutral, but I understand the angry expression you were going for, very sith. I like it overall for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Dude chill out, we are speculating on something that is entirely subjective and he voiced his opinion just as you have voiced yours. It's not cool to hate on one persons work just because they disagree with you on something that is in the end irrelevant because what is on screen will always be on screen. He even complimented you on your talent with working on this project but you seemed to forget to return that courtesy.

Welllll....I guess that's why I've done Vader in this style,which for the most part has been Very Well Appreciated for it's Originality, Creative Direction and Overall Concept, and you shaven't......................
p.s. Next time......Try some 'Out Of The box Thinking' on future projects..... it may add some Unexpected, or much needed, Originality to your projects that most likely otherwise will turn out mundane, unimaginative or just plain worthless.......................with respect.:lol

I honestly really like your sculpt, but I agree with brogan that you could have of been a lot more kind with your words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well actually I read no complement on my talent...What is not cool is to try to take a total dump on someones idea. It reads with respect to your talent....that's it...there is no 'for your talent' or 'of your talent', the words respect and talent are used but it reads in a totally snide fashion and is actually a non sequitur. There was no critique there...or constructive criticism. Look at what has been said and suggested and compare it to the other...theirs are a proper post on the RPF,
I actually looked for samples of this person's work and found none. Have you found any? I would like to see if they have any talent,ability or even potential or are they just trolling on this site.
People don't post here necessarily for complements, I don't, it's nice when it happens but we post to share in positive ways, be it suggestions on this or that or ask for help what have you....but read the post for what it is....We RPFers Help each other, Complement each other, Encourage one another or Critique to Improve the project not Poop all over it.
Even with MY reply I was constructive.I gave positive advice in a stern but humorous way to someone I believed was being a total Jerk.

I see you are a new member...'Welcome'....at this Very Special and Unique site...We are not critical to criticize We critique...and when You take the time and effort to post, You have to ask yourself, "If I can't say sooomething the least bit positive about a project that a fellow artist has expended Time on, Effort on, Thought about and usually a chunk of change
(sometimes a considerable amount) of investment in...Am I Contributing to this Community orrrr am I being a Major Sized Phallas?
What I wrote, I wrote with passion note hate. And I am not cool....My Work is....it's Very Cool. If you can't see that it's ok...we can agree to disagree...But allow me the courtesy
to defend my work against a troll's gauntlet.

Thanks THB

He just doesn´t like your version of Vader. How is that trolling? Calm down. That´s the speciality about art. It doesn´t hit everybodys taste. If you want to fish for compliments, then I suggest you chould use Instagram or something like that ;)

Thank you for the welcome first off, and if it makes you feel better I think what you are doing requires an emense amount of talent and you are doing a very good job, it looks great and you should be proud of it. What you shouldn't do is chastise someone with a different opinion than yours man. There are a lot of things wrong with it but mostly it is super pointless, nothing with change by doing it, your work hasn't gotten any less rad and he hasn't changed in his feelings towards it. Also I'm pretty sure 'With respect to your talent' is a compliment and he just phrased it in a way you aren't used to. I agree that this is a positive site but that doesn't mean we are a hive mind, that everyone likes the same things. We are all different people with different opinions dude.

Sure I can understand if my sculpted version of anything I do isn't someone's cup of tea that's no biggie and that kind of comment falls completely within a proper and acceptable realm of opinion...but to not only say I don't like it but 'it doesn't work on Any level' is totally unnecessary and should not be defended. To call anybody's work pointless....on what level can you say that's constructive or permissible. What this person did went beyond opinion and became insulting and I responded in kind.....
...Not only do I not like your work but I REEEEALLY DON'T LIKE YOUR WORK
In response the trolling comment...I looked it up and my use may not have been completely on point (so I'm not exactly the internet hipster I play on TV) ha ha.
And it's not a matter of calming Up or calming Down....Right or wrong someone took a swipe at me sooo I spoke up...perhaps not in the most tactful manner or mature fashion but it is what it is.
I've been a member for over two years and it's safe to say I've seen hundreds of great and not so great projects here and Never have I felt compelled or found it necessary to make a disrespectful or denigrating remark...till now....but that's just lil'o me.
And lastly I don't understand the "fishing for complements' I clearly stated I do not post here nor will I ever post here for complements. I post to share to interact, respectfully, to help and learn in a positive atmosphere. Nuff Said!

Sure I can understand if my sculpted version of anything I do isn't someone's cup of tea that's no biggie and that kind of comment falls completely within a proper and acceptable realm of opinion...but to not only say I don't like it but 'it doesn't work on Any level' is totally unnecessary and should not be defended. To call anybody's work pointless....on what level can you say that's constructive or permissible. What this person did went beyond opinion and became insulting and I responded in kind.....
...Not only do I not like your work but I REEEEALLY DON'T LIKE YOUR WORK
In response the trolling comment...I looked it up and my use may not have been completely on point (so I'm not exactly the internet hipster I play on TV) ha ha.
And it's not a matter of calming Up or calming Down....Right or wrong someone took a swipe at me sooo I spoke up...perhaps not in the most tactful manner or mature fashion but it is what it is.
I've been a member for over two years and it's safe to say I've seen hundreds of great and not sino great projects here and Never have I felt compelled or found it necessary to make a disrespectful or denigrating remark...till now....but that's just lil'o me.
And lastly I don't understand the "fishing for complements' I clearly stated I do not post here nor will I ever post here for complements. I post to share to interact, respectfully, to help and learn in a positive atmosphere. Nuff Said!
He never said your work was pointless, it just doesn't work for him on any level. If anybody's been insulting, it's been you with the direct attacks on his character and prop making skills which is irrelevant when it comes to a opinion on art such as this. All I saying is that you took the opinion a little more personal then you should have and your reaction was somewhat immature.

Colossus601,

Ignore the noise, this is coming along nicely. Excited to see it complete.
It more than just "noise." If this kind of behavior is supported here, then I don't want to be apart of this forum.

Anyways, sorry for gumming up your thread. I'm done.

You're one talented man!! Lets see some more progress! You've seriously giving me a better appreciation for what this man really would've suffered through... Truly original and imaginative. Thanks for posting and sharing your talents.

--cheers / James

I actually thought the progress of this was quite good and was looking forward to the end result, however the jumped up and protected response by the sculptor has completely put me off. Talk about a big ego. I wish him well on his creative endeavour as I for one will not be looking to boost his already inflated ego. And why the bold writing all the time, it's as if trying to shout loudest.

Any updates on this?? I was really looking forward to more progress! You're doing a fantastic job so far! Way better than Egghead from the movie ;) Don't let a few haters get you down, what you've done so far takes talent, patience, and a whole lot of imagination, so bravo! Hope to see this finished!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back