the raider suit gets a trial run!!!

SUICIDALRAIDER

ok so it took me about a year and a half to build and took me another 6 months to actually try this thing out. well today was the day , suited up and took this thing outside for some pics. i will say i learned ALOT!!!! you can invision it in your head,go over it a thousand times in your head. But until you actually do it...you have NO idea how trying this sort of thing is!!!! so without further ado here are the results.....enjoy ....i sure did!!!

100_5336.JPG

100_5337.JPG

100_5332.JPG

100_5338.JPG

thanks guys...yea they are really fun PT. like i said i learned ALOT!!!! i wasn't sure that everything i did would hold up, but it did!!! everything stayed in place and nothing broke! amazing...i pictured parts falling of as i walk and ending up half naked by the end..lol!! one thing i now know is a must......zipper up the back of the top skin!!!! it took my wife and my son to get my sweaty ass out of that thing!!! it was hilarious,even though i almost passed out in the middle and got stuck!!!! my suspender idea worked great for the pants and i now know i need stirups coming off the bottom of the legs that go around my feet to keep the legs down and allow me to pull my leg armor up further so it wont bunch-up(thats the one thing that bugs me in the pics). i will buckle my neck-ring also next time. I need a longer hose from the chest armor to the bicep armor(1 end let go on that ). most of all....watch out for the gauntlet blades!!!!! those take some getting used to!!!!!i think i all but impaled my wife...3 maybe 4 times..lol!!! but she is a sport!! took it in stride....god love her!!! other than that , very succesful run and one hell of alot of fun! most of all i can honestly say i couldn't have done it without the help of you guys here on the lair!!! so many little ins and out that you would never....never think of unless you are experienced at this sort of thing which i am not!!! so thanks to all who helped with advice and parts ,knowledge....i thank you from the bottom of my heart...this is really a dream come true for me.

thanks everyone for the kind words. glad you guys and gals like it. i didnt know what i was shooting for on the paint scheme , but i knew i wanted something different. 1 last piece need to complete this bad boy though(go carl go!!!...lol!!!) after halloween i will have the time to get started on my fresh wolf skin from chuck and i will also be completing my undamaged wolf headpiece sculpt( been sculpting this for a good year now) ...lol!!! 2 full pred suits......i must be in heaven

100_5248.JPG

The suits are definitely hard to wear and take some getting used to.... Last year for Halloween in Vegas i went to a giant nightclub and wore my suit... There were 3000 people, pitch black in the club with crazy strobe lights, rediculously loud music, it was about 100 degrees in the club which means inside my suit had to be a brisk 150 (haha), and hundreds of people taking pictures of me so I could even walk.... I had the suit and mask on for a non stop 4 hours... ouch.

It was truly miserable but I took 1st place and $800 so in the end it was worth it....

The suits are definitely hard to wear and take some getting used to.... Last year for Halloween in Vegas i went to a giant nightclub and wore my suit... There were 3000 people, pitch black in the club with crazy strobe lights, rediculously loud music, it was about 100 degrees in the club which means inside my suit had to be a brisk 150 (haha), and hundreds of people taking pictures of me so I could even walk.... I had the suit and mask on for a non stop 4 hours... ouch.

It was truly miserable but I took 1st place and $800 so in the end it was worth it....
i wasnt in it for 4 hours but i can definately ,now say, i can relate! congrats on the win....imho a pred should win any contest anywhere hands down. i cant believe some judges have the nerve to pic something else over a pred, but then those contests are probably tainted from the start anyway.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back