The quick fade in/out movie trailers?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is it me or is the formula for almost all movie trailers to have Fade-in/Fade-out quick shot sequences set ot music? It is getting SO cliche to see this.

What was the first movie trailer to do this?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Wes R

Legendary Member
I think movie trailers in general have become a lost art. You look at the ones from the 50s and 60s and they were more informative, and in some cases pretty long as they were mini documentaries on a few, and just seemed better made. I agree the fade in and out is kind of annoying and way over used.

Colin Droidmilk

Sr Member
I can't watch the bloody things any more because of this. God, this constant, painful fading in and out to black. Either show us the damn clips or don't show us the damn clips! Make your sodding minds up.

The Wolf

Sr Member
I've noticed trailers have to have the qick editing and catchy/rousing music (Carmina Burana was used in almost evry action trailer one year).
It seems like the people making trailers don't know how to promote a simple drama anymore.:unsure

Wolf

Solo4114

Master Member
Are you guys kidding? Modern trailers are fantastic at marketing, just not to us. We aren't the target demographic anymore.

Oh, and Brick was an awesome film.

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm really sick of the fade out/in technique, too. It isn't applied correctly. It's effective as a three or four-beat punctuation after a buildup. When it's done for three minutes straight it's just annoying.

Stormy320

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Interesting thread.

I watch the old trailers with my kids for some of my favorite movies and most of the time the trailers are so slow and really don’t do a good job.

I’m referring to 80s and 90s movies.

You guys are right that the new ones are fast pace and the hope is to generate excitement. I think the older movies are almost always better but I like the new style of trailers.

Haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.