"The Propstop" design our logo contest is a go! PLUS LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by The Prop Stop, Mar 3, 2012.

1. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

There are three prizes to be decided by me as the overall judge. I will also take into account audience comments and maybe voting. Basically the top three win...and obviously the top prize wins the cool item.

the propstop's world of entertainment memorabilia | Copyright © 2010-2012 "thepropstop"

We talk about screenused props, wardrobe and news....I'd like to think we are current, hip and trendy.....okay those are lies but I'd like something different and I'm personally really excited to be running this. END DATE IS 31st March 2012.

Obviously it needs to be copyright free. An original design. Jpeg format is probably best.

As a side note if you Like our page on facebook we are having a random pick from the hat on the 31st March and there will be something nice from the prize basket for that too!

Please send your finished logo's to:

thepropstop@yahoo.com

Any questions just let me know.

2. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Bump until stickyed

3. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

bump until stickyed

4. Valor

Valor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

5. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Thanks for our first few submissions...im not an art guy....and the first one just blew me away creatively.

6. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

bump...aroony.

7. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

bump to the top...

Don't forget to like us on facebook for the extra comp!

8. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

I'll be listing the three prizes and the sign up to facebook prize over the weekend.

So far only a few entries....so get them in!

9. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Third place prize is one of the rocks from the "Man of Steel" set and this comes from the crater where the superman ship crashed...thats all we know so far but this is a cool piece if you believe a man can fly!

10. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

The facebook LIKE prize is 5 fake banknotes from "The town"

more prizes announced later today!

11. thegreatgalling

thegreatgalling Sr Member

GREAT prizes so far.

12. SETFREE

SETFREE Active Member

VERY COOL!

13. nick daring

nick daring Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

14. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Second place prize is this piece of specially made wallpaper from the Kent house in Superman: The man of steel taken myself directly from a piece of wood discarded from the building. Specially printed by the Set designer. Comes with warning sign from the set about parking cars.

15. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

First prize is a Dothraki drinking horn from "Game of thrones"

Im a little saddened we only have 3 entries so far....please take a look at the prizes and consider entering.

16. egriffin

egriffin New Member

Cannot see the other entries on this page or on your facebook page.

Please post link/s. Would like to take a shot at a logo for you!

17. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

No..the entries will be shown after winner announced...not really fair if their ideas are seen before hand now is it.

18. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

We are going to extend this for another two weeks to the 16th of April....simply because we only have 3 entries so far....and....everybody is messaging me saying they want to be fashionably late.

If you haven't done an entry yet please consider it....

19. PrimoOptimoso

PrimoOptimoso Well-Known Member

I just finished some paid work, and I didn't make the elstree deadline from their logo thing, so sure, I'll take a crack at it =0)

20. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Ok....some more cool entries came in today....remember 16th April is new deadline...prizes are above......THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!!!

21. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Ok....Results posted Wednesday. End date is 11:59pm on the 16th April.
    You still have time to enter. Facebook like page prize is also good until then too.

Thanks guys!

22. PrimoOptimoso

Heh, I have been worried that mine is too simplistic (I feel like logos should at least start out as flat colors and then be embellished from there if needed) but good luck to everybody who entered! There has to be a lot of design talent here.

23. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

12 entries in the end. It was hard to pick a winner. As I suspected there is some great talent out there. Looking forward to posting the winners tomorrow.

24. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Well thank you to the RPF and to Art for hosting the logo contest for me. Today is the first day of the site revamp and I just want to say thank you for everyone who sent in an entry. This is really the first time I have had to judge a competition and I have to say every entry was inventive and cool in its own way, from the hand drawn versions all the way to stuff that looked like it belonged on the front cover of your favorite magazine.

So without further ado here are the results!

The facebook competition winner pulled from our hat is Mr D. Paul of Canada who wins the $$$ from "The Town".

Third place winner who wins one of the rocks from "The Man of Steel" is Scott Alcorn, who came up with something at the very last minute that just punched me in the face. It has the STOP sign effect that many of you caught onto which I have to admit since Im not a designer I didn't see at all!
    Its clean, very red....and very professional.

Second Place winner with the wallpaper from the Kent house in "Man of Steel"
    again was a last minute one.....but this guy brought it. Congrats to Steven Holden. This really was imaginative and I really also appreciate the ideas he gave me for tightening up the use of wordpress, which is how I present the site. Steven the idea of the Logo having a prop element in it which can be switched out was VERY clever. I also just loved the logo as it was. Perhaps with a bit more color in it (I am partial to TARDIS blue) it may even have won.
    Whatever the case....I really liked it and thank you for your submission.

The winner though and the number 1 logo that has been on my desk for a while and burrowed itself into my head is the following. Technically maybe not the best it spoke to me with the inclusion of the STOP sign, the simple colors and the film surround. Winner of the "Game of Thrones" horn then is Mr Dave Dixon. I think when I saw this for the first time I got a really big smile on my face....and for that sir you win.

I'll publish some more of the other great examples in the next few days. There really wasn't a SINGLE bad one here. Please send me your addresses winners for your bounty!

Enjoy the new Propstop.....and thank you so much for reading.

25. PrimoOptimoso

Honestly, color me surprised now that I see the competition, but thanks so much! I *love* the 3rd place one, myself. Although this version of mine is flatly colored, we can jazz it up in myriad ways if you'd like it to be more glitzy, for sure.

PM inbound, thanks again!

26. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Sure sir. Send me what you think should be changed. Maybe the wording a little taller or bigger.

Like I said. All were awesome. If I could use them all...I would. Im not an artist at all...just an appreciator of good work!

27. Construct

Construct New Member

Congratulations Dave, I hope you had as much fun coming up with your submission as I did with mine.

Now *grabs poking stick* let's see those other designs!