The prop that has always eluded you

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by bwingpilot, Jan 29, 2006.

1. bwingpilot

bwingpilot Active Member

What prop do you wish there was more reference photos of, and more discoveries made on? Mine would be the ANH version of the dh-17 blaster, besides screencaps I have only found 1 reference photo of it:
    [​IMG]

2. rudolpht

rudolpht Well-Known Member

Judge Dredd Judge Hunter gun. Actually the prop has eluded me, I would take pics and share if I got one :)

3. sapper36

sapper36 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Galaxy Quest - Hero version TV Series Nebulizer - Best I can tell there were two heroes made and at least two stunts made - I have the only two TV Version stunts I've ever seen or heard of, but the wherabouts of those hero versions continue to elude me - Might have to hunt down Tim Allen someday.

4. ortiz34

ortiz34 Well-Known Member

I have found the hoth and endor blasters have been stingy on the reference fotos...

5. 7-11 Jedi

7-11 Jedi Well-Known Member

Jabba's Palace blaster. I know there has to be good reference photos out there somewhere, but be damned if I can find them.

Cheers.

Mike

6. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

In the last starfighter, the assassin. The guy who played a heavy in every 80's Tv show ever? That assassin has a cool looking shiny laser pistol that I cannot find photos of anywhere.

If anyone could get me decent screen caps, or something like that. That would be cool.

Second would be Ron Silver's gray timecop gun. It's only in the film for like 5 seconds and I can't tell what the base gun is. I can't seem to find that anywhere either.

I have more. :cry

Njc----------------------

7. bwingpilot

bwingpilot Active Member

I know the guys that made all the guns for Timecop. They have a company up here in Canada called Dlask, check out their website here: http://www.dlaskarms.com/

8. The Death Curse

The Death Curse Well-Known Member

The prop that I'd most like to find more information on is The Shredder's helmet from the first two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies. I've wanted that thing (or copies like it/molded from it) since I was around 3 years old. haha. I know there's some private collector out there who owns the original...I've tried to contact 'em, but got no response at all over the course of two years. :( I seriously doubt I will ever come into contact with it or anything else from the original costume, but I have always wondered exactly how they created the stuff.

The other thing I've always wanted to own is a complete casting from the original molds of T-1000's "pretzel man" stage from T2. I KNOW I'll never have that...Not just because it's darn near impossible, but also because I'd never have enough money to afford it. :lol

Ryan

9. Lupus Yonderboy

Lupus Yonderboy Well-Known Member

Right now, it's the AT-AT pilot glove com pad.
    Probably also used by the cloud city Ugnaughts and possibly the 'snowtrooper commander' as well...
    As always - any pics would be most welcome :)
    /Pontus

10. Cookiee Monsta

Cookiee Monsta Well-Known Member

The Rebel Hoth rifle.

11. The Plasma Infusion

The Plasma Infusion New Member

That * Halloween Icons X-Wing......

My search just hits dead ends...but I must say thanks to the members who have helped. That's what we're all here for :thumbsup

Bill P.

12. Guardian Devil

Guardian Devil Sr Member

Snakes big ol' count-down bracelet/watch from 'Escape from LA'.
    Tried everywhere I could think of to find a replica (or get one made) but only ever hit dead ends on it.
    Also those infernal DD Canes always missed my chances with those.

13. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That is Jesper Isberg's blaster. He organizes small conventions in Sweden three times per year where he has some of his props on exhibition. He rotates the props from his collection, but I think have seen this one more than once. I am sure there must be people who have taken more pics of it. I know the scope is a repro and the grooves in the barrel are rounded on the bottom.
    Isberg does not allow replica-geeks to inspect his props up close, unfortunately. :(

14. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

...Anything I can't afford.

:lol

15. JOATRASH FX

JOATRASH FX Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hmm... I'm not sure I really have one of these yet. I guess the closest would be wanting good photos of the Holiday Special saber, since I have a Graflite flash.

Or possibly a Mace Windu saber resin casting... 'cause I can't seem to get hold of one. :unsure

16. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

Did you check with Monsters-In-motion?

17. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

Are you serious.? Good lord... :rolleyes

18. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

A real MPP :angry

19. bwingpilot

bwingpilot Active Member

Thanks Darth Lars, hopefully someone here has some more pics of this blaster that they are willing to share :D

20. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Deckard's Gun...

21. Jimbo890

Jimbo890 Well-Known Member

Working Logan's Run Deep Sleep Flamegun. I keep missing opportunities to buy, due to lack of funds.

22. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

That one is not too hard to rectify. Just need some greenbacks is all.

After thinking on it, I would like to add Vera from firefly. I found out that it's in private hands now and has been demilled (thanks to the verse-folks for posting said info) which makes me sad :cry Been one of my favorite movie guns since seeing it in "showtime".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe someday I will be able to recreate this weapon. :love

Njc--------------------

23. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

The Quantum Leap gummy-bear style handlink...one of the cursed props of these forums. :(

sean

24. Lukes Roommate

Lukes Roommate Well-Known Member

Obi's ANH saber. I missed every run from the old days, and finally snagged the MR when it was released.

25. Studio Stasis

Studio Stasis Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey, I got to hold Deckards gun when I hosted a show on the Sci Fi Channel. I always wondered if it was orignal, but all of the props on the set were supposed to be original. I have some video footage of it around here from the series if you'd like to see. I would have to digitize it.

Josh

26. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

Spider man 2 movie costume everytime i get the cash, somthing horrible happens in my life... :( maybe it's all for the better because i would start fighting crime :D

27. Sporak

Sporak Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

Robby........

Too darn expensive. Maybe someday.

28. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

god there are so many....

top of the list... id have to go with obi wan ANH (had a resin casting eons ago), boba fett armor, nazgul gauntlets, accurate reeve styled supes costume , accurate dean cain styled supes costume, so... freaking many of them.

the one big :angry that i have though (always, ALWAYS missing on these), misc cool "background" pieces. like the little holy water grenades from constantine, or the foldable batarang from begins. a while back it was one of those supes crystal displays that hold 3 or 4 crystals in the tubes. hell, today i got my new checks in, and im flat * broke until payday :lol

just, always bad timing. always.

on the positive side, if i DID have all that stuff, id have no place to put it, display it, or even really show it off properly. plus id be one broke bastard too heh.

oh wait, i already am :lol

chris

29. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Sr Member

The main piece I would love to get my hands on but constantly eludes me is an Obi ANH, weathered no AFBB. :) For now the .45 suffices...

30. Robot Monster

Robot Monster Sr Member

Hyperdyne's LOTR mural for one :D

31. LeMarchand

LeMarchand Sr Member

For me there are several, i'll add pics later

-Johnny Mnemonic 'Sogo 7 Datagloves. Talked to the propmaster who made them and learned a lot, but he didn't have any pics.

-Judge Dredd Rico's unfolding gun. Had to eyeball my prototype, but would love better reference to make it as accurate as possible

-Young Sherlock Holmes: Pyramid of Fear: Rametep blowpipe

-Da Vinci Code: Cryptex
    Dying to see more of this beautiful prop, good shot in the trailer but not enough to make an accurate replica

-Existenz: Gristlegun
    identifying 65+dinobone parts from fuzzy pics and screencaps was NOT fun.

-Dark City: Syringe
    Movie has some good shots, but i would love to know how the inner mechanics for the spring action was done

-Bladerunner: Voight Kampf Machine

-Fifth Element: Korben's jacket and pants
    One of the most beautiful costumes i have ever seen, not enough reference to make them

-Minority Report: Hero Sonic shotgun

Marc

32. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

heh heh.. Reminds me of AK + Erector set...

33. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

As of now... no prop eludes me. :D

[​IMG]

However, I am most anticipating a 32" SS Millenium Falcon. :)

34. 3Tripnip

3Tripnip Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The lightsabers from the Knights of the Old Republic games. There were some awesome characters in there (especially the first one), but they all had a generic saber. Darth Revan and Malak sabers..... mmmmmmmm ;)

35. jhusel

jhusel Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Mine would be a Nelson TOS Phaser and a Coyle STV Tricorder. I don't know if I'll EVER get these..

Jhusel

36. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

im rethinking my position a bit...

its not really the prop that eludes me, its the cash to pick it up then that tends to be the issue :p

chris

37. Kal-L

Kal-L New Member

Y'know what I've always wanted?

The key from DEMON KNIGHT.

I think that is a sweet piece, from a really fun movie.

[attachmentid=6758]

38. yakcam

yakcam Sr Member

Lifesize Alien from Aliens :love

But I don't like my chances of getting one here in Aus.

I love the one on Jez's site, that is one cool Alien. :thumbsup

Cheers,

Kraig

39. Hez

Hez Well-Known Member

Predator bio helmet. The Icons one is something like a 4th gen cast, and most that are available on the net are modified stunt helmets, or just plain nasty.

Saw a beautiful first gen cast on ebay something like 5-6 years ago, and STILL wish I'd just dug a little deeper and ponied up the cash.

40. rudolpht

rudolpht Well-Known Member

Yes, very cool. It's like a reveal gun & a great non-reveal design in ONE. Could be a shampoo advertisement. OK, it's no Judge Hunter rifle, but Vera is cool.

Tim

41. pucknell

pucknell New Member

were you interviewing harrison ford, or ridley scott? cause i heard the hero is with Ridley. so unless you were interviewing harrision ford around the time of the move, or Ridley, it probably wasn't the hero. and i'd love to see the video.

42. Flash Dixon

Flash Dixon Active Member

I would love to have a replica of "The Orb" from Brisco County Jr.

43. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member

Somehow I missed your post. :confused
    I'd love to see it also.

44. Henry Wayne

Henry Wayne Active Member

Foam latex Batman Begins Costume.. :love

45. JoeR

JoeR Sr Member

TE Bumpy Cap

Shouldn't be that hard to find, but I don't have one yet.

Joe

46. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

That thing in my avatar...but I've not given up yet...

:cheers,

Thomas

47. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

Heh...getting one of those...an original :p

:cheers,

Thomas

48. Howard

Howard Sr Member

What my avatar's looking (out of shot) at.

Hopefully MR will produce one some day.
    Real brass, wooden seat. Lights - spinning disk - perhaps a signed edition in a tantalus box.

Wishful thinking, but hey. I can dream.

49. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

I'd love one of these costumes and the gun.
    [​IMG]

50. kurtyboy

kurtyboy Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I still wish I had picked up the MR Battle Damaged Maul when it first appeared. Its the only LE saber or blaster I'm missing so far.