The Probe Droid Resin Kit Instructions Tread

Thanks, guys.
I recommend using Mr. Color Black cut with Mr. Color Self Leveling Thinner to hand paint the smaller eyes. They are now a rich glossy black, show no brush strokes, and were super easy to do.

I do too - but this is definitely the kind of model that you could paint and repaint a half a dozen times and still think there's more to do. It's really enchanting, to be honest.

I can't think of a higher compliment - the guy we have to thank (or blame, lol!) for getting the Probe Droid off the screen and into our homes liking it! Thanks, man!!

Thankyou for your info on how to do the eyes
Please leave your pics up as I want to build this, this year if my 1yr old will let me :)
Great job

Sorry if this is a silly question but is the brass not painted on the legs because the real model wasn't or is it just so the legs move and will scratch the paint off. I only ask as I have seen a few PD with the brass not painted

Thanks

Last edited:
Took studio shots (will post tomorrow)... Quincy said this shot:
P1270071.jpg

Reminded him of this:
anchorman-sequel-jump.jpg

I can't stop laughing.

They're pretty sassy, for a droid. When I initially lugged it up from the studio, my wife asked "which one is the ass pinching arm" and I replied "all of them!".

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back