The Prisoner (1967) No2's Telephones

mk1mark

This is my first post, so please be gentle.

I have been working on these for a while, a set of the desk phones from the 1967 British TV Series The Prisoner.

They are fully working & can be used to make & receive calls via a bluetooth connection to a mobile phone, have a built on LiPo battery with a stand by life of approximately 60 hours.

p-phone.jpg

Patattack

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Love it!! I wonder if you could hack in the guts of a cordless land-line phone so that you could easily stand it on a base with a charging port.

mk1mark

I wanted to make it a wireless charger, but the room inside made this very tricky without redesigning the guts with custom electronics & it wasn't worth it. So it recharges via a Mini USB in the back. To graft in the guts from a normal cordless phone would mean having a way of dialling numbers via a keypad & I wanted to keep the look exactly as it was on the TV. This meant just the one button.

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Cool! I have a set of the original standphones used for the prop phones. Searched Ebay for years, they are rarer than hen's teeth :)

sstnickg

This is my first post, so please be gentle.

I have been working on these for a while, a set of the desk phones from the 1967 British TV Series The Prisoner.

They are fully working & can be used to make & receive calls via a bluetooth connection to a mobile phone, have a built on LiPo battery with a stand by life of approximately 60 hours.

View attachment 1569446
Outstanding!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.