The Phoenix *desert Predator*

ThePriest

Well Hunters it's time to make another predator...
I started this thread in the masks and relized that I needed it in this forum if it needs to be moved please move it for me or show me how to move it.
This is the molded head this concept came from the jailer 1955 I have to thank him because without his artwork I never would have gotten this done.
IM004233.JPG

IM004239.JPG

IM004240.JPG

IM004241.JPG

It's going to be a desert predator I'm going with a very alligator/lizard look for this one with the desert colors and roughness as well. I have been working on this since around christmas and I'm throwing in pics of the molding and casting processes. I forgot how long it takes to do this it took around 6 hours and 35 lbs. of ultra cal. The cast looks very bad ass, now im just waiting for the weather to warm up so I can start pulling some heads.
IM004242.JPG

IM004244.JPG

IM004245.JPG

IM004246.JPG

I have also been working on a very different style of foot I saw a lot of threads on here and found some info on how to build the foot so this was my take on it. This foot will be molded with the leg armor I"m going to make the cut down the middle of the back so I can slip a shoe on inside of them and glue it to the inside so I can get my leg and foot in it more easily and I think will be easier to use for me and I can be more creative when designing it now that I know I have more options. Please give me some feedback on all this.
post-8600-0-16596400-1327014593_thumb.jpg

post-8600-0-77978900-1327014590_thumb.jpg

post-8600-0-79520500-1327014588_thumb.jpg

And last but not least my daughter helping me airbrush and touch up armor for not ever air brushing in her life she did a pretty good job.
post-8600-0-85525100-1325109373_thumb.jpg

Well thats all for now let me get some feedback so I know if im going in the right direction
I'll keep posting as I complete parts of the suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, liking the idea you have got going here. I like you head sculpt and those feet are kick ass. What did you use as an armature for them? Will defiantly be following this thread as it progresses. Keep up the good work fella!!! Can't wait to see more updates

thanks for the kudos
That is a piece of plumbing pipe screwed to a plate and then a platform it is solid clay about 35 pds i am almost done with it what sucks is having to do the other one. I hope it looks as nice

Wow, what an amazing job! I like the idea of Predators being named after animals. What material did you use to create the head mold?

that my friend has a armature of a head and it was made from medium grade sculpting clay it is excellent for detail. it took nearly 50 pds of clay to do that and then you add the ultra cal 30 it was almost 80 pds i was worried about the table collapsing . I thought **** don't break now all that time and SMASH !!! OH i don't even want to think about it .

well preds here is some updates on the desert predator i am making the split molds for the feet and here is some pics of some armor and a staff i whipped together i will have it done by halloween i promise. i have pics of the mold process i will include when i get a little further.

desert pred 002.jpg

desert pred 001.jpg

Attachments

• desert with bio.BMP
    900.1 KB · Views: 157
here are the legs and body painted up i have the process and will put them up later. this was made from a starter long sleeved shirt and spandex pants covered with latex and painted. the feet were a total custom mold let me know what you think of them

desert body.jpg

desert legs.jpg

desert feet.jpg

It looks like this came together very well...I love the detail! Outstanding job! Whew...you all just keep raising the bar on my build... :D

thanks guys it was alot of blood, sweat and tears countless hours and many many lost nights sleeping. I have several more pics i just need to upload them off a camera. oh by the way i am building an artic predator it is almost done so looks like i will be starting another thread and it is looking killer !!!!!!

kits building 009.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back