The Phantom Menace Stap with Battle Droid

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by danikin72, Feb 15, 2012.

1. danikin72

danikin72 Active Member

Well since I saw EPI this weekend I figured why not show off some oldies but goodies. I love this kit, it's one of my favorites for some reason.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did a few mods on this, I had to adjust the ankles and also scratched new hydralics for the arms, really made a difference I think.

Thanks for looking.

2. Contec

Contec Master Member

i have the toy version that came out with ep1, thought i would do something with them but never did.

3. youngwm

youngwm Active Member

Looks good!!, I would like to attempt to scratch build a battle droid bust statue.. It's on the list.

4. JP Modelworks

JP Modelworks Active Member

Nice! I have to get to my kit one of these days!

5. danikin72

danikin72 Active Member

Thanks for all of the kind words guys.
    The photos don't really do it justice, I shot this under natural light in the living room. When I get some time in the near future I'll take some really good shots with the proper backgroud and lighting for the album.
    It's really one of my favorites, mostly because of the paint job.
    If you plan on building this, I suggest putting it up someplace safe.
    Mine was knocked off the shelf twice by the fiance and there are not alot of attachment points for the droid to the stap, so it's fragile.

6. Tim Nolan

Tim Nolan New Member

Very nice work.. I have this kit and really need to build it. I love anything robots and I love Star Wars, so what's not to like!? Good job!