the P1 fight with Billy...

vgfett

I haven't done much research on this, but wondered if there was ever any footage filmed of Billy and the P1 actually going at it? Or was it always meant to just "end" after he ran his blade down his own chest?

As much as we got to see in that movie, I can't believe we didn't at least see them go head to head for a few secs, or at least see the Pred walk out to stand against him.

Yeah, I don't think there was any interaction between Billy and the Predator to be filmed as well. Hell, I doubt if there was much interaction at all between Sonny and Kevin, Sonny's character wasn't needed in any predator shots so they were probably on set/loaction at different times.

Viewers can pretty much put two and two together to create in their imaginations what happened, I think this was what filmmakers wanted.
~Estelle

I've always wondered about that... the scene seems kinda halfbaked. Plus I think I remember that one guy on the old EZboard forum once posted something about a VHS or Laserdisc version of Predator that included a scene here. He might have been bullshitting us, though...

I think he might have, 'cause I have every backstage interview on P1 from sketch to cut-out-scenes and I haven't seen that.

There was more fight footage filmed inside the ship at the end of P2 of Harrigan and the Lost Hunters, but none of it has ever surfaced.

I don't believe there is any secret footage or something cut but I always have wondered what happened exactly in that brawl because Billy is a cool character one of my FAvs thought he should have went out better but he'll who knows we don't know how he went out lol I also agree that it was made to have u wonder lol

well, one thing we do know about the P1's slaying of Billy is that Billy sustained some type of facial wound/injury during the altercation. If I'm not mistaken, in the scene where the P1 plops Billy's body down onto a tree trunk in order to 'de spine' him, Billy looked as though he had two bloody gashes on his face. So P1 probably gave him an upper cut or two to the face with his wrist blades, who knows
~Estelle

well, one thing we do know about the P1's slaying of Billy is that Billy sustained some type of facial wound/injury during the altercation. If I'm not mistaken, in the scene where the P1 plops Billy's body down onto a tree trunk in order to 'de spine' him, Billy looked as though he had two bloody gashes on his face. So P1 probably gave him an upper cut or two to the face with his wrist blades, who knows
~Estelle

It's just hard to believe that as much screen time as they gave him massaging his bead bag (wait that didn't sound right LOL), and then taking off all of his gear and cutting himself with his blade, that they didn't have any plan to show him go head to head with P1.

I know, there's really no way to ever find out for sure, and like others have said, it probably would have been on the collector's edition (which it isn't).

LOL, it's "medicine bag" hehehehe.
But yeah, for a minor character Billy was pretty fleshed out. And I wasn't like Sonny was some unknown. He played in a couple of tough guys roles in a few films prior to Predator, he was 'Billy Bear' in 48 hours, ( Eddie Murphy, Nick Nolte (sp)) and the "El Coyote" in Firewalker (Chuck Norris)... So it is rather funny that they didn't give him a more climatic ending.. I mean the guy basically challenged the predator head on in a way.

~Estelle

Don't know what it is about Predator and politics, but apparently Sonny wanted to jump on the political bandwagon at one time as well

http://www.clickorlando.com/sh/news/storie...703-140718.html

From what I have read, Sonny was a bit.... difficult.... on set? As in people were literally afraid of him because he was a bit nuts.

But that doesn't really explain why no fight scene was even written.

From what I have read, Sonny was a bit.... difficult.... on set? As in people were literally afraid of him because he was a bit nuts.

But that doesn't really explain why no fight scene was even written.

Nuts?... Ha, that doesn’t began to describe it..Just ask Belita...I’m sure she has some stories to tell about him kicking her tail. I can’t believe I once had a crush on that pig, well I was around 12 at the time.
~Estelle

Yeah, I don't think there was any interaction between Billy and the Predator to be filmed as well. Hell, I doubt if there was much interaction at all between Sonny and Kevin, Sonny's character wasn't needed in any predator shots so they were probably on set/loaction at different times.

Viewers can pretty much put two and two together to create in their imaginations what happened, I think this was what filmmakers wanted.
~Estelle
Too bad they don't listen to the fans quite yet. :p

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back