Limited Run The Orville Pistol MAJOR UPDATE & LAST CALL

Many thanks for the wiring diagram. I have multi-strand wire that's (I think) 22 gage which should be perfect for this. Oh....button assignment - can you tell me how you mapped S1, S2, and S3 to the 4 buttons on the top keypad? S4 clearly gos to the trigger. :)
Glad to help!

I ordered what I thought was multi-strand, but when it arrived, it wasn't. The wire I included is the kind I used in my Marvel Pager and it worked out well. It's just a little sensitive to lots of 90-degree bends back and forth.

"Mode" should be the forward large button (it's essentially a safety)
"Up" and "Down" should be the right and left tiny buttons (normally, they control the power level but when you're in "disco mode" the left one plays the Orville theme and the right one plays a random quote from the show. Note: to enter "disco mode", you need to hold the trigger depressed when you power it up (takes a few seconds). Once you hear the power on sound, you can release the trigger. Oh, and when you boot up.. give it a good few seconds to start. You'll probably hear a short bit of "speaker static" when you turn it on.

I put the power on button in the center. (You can change that if you want... and swap L/R too.)

I also suggest painting the insides around the LEDS and buttons black- partly to stop bleed-through.

Ahh...I had forgotten about "disco mode"....!

I'll probably place the power on/off button at the top/front. Seems like reaching over a power button to get to the mode button can cause accidental shutdowns. Not something one would want in an emergency. :)

-tnx!
Jeff

Got mine, loving the quality! I'm too busy at the moment to start working on it, but I am happy to report it fits perfect in the custom foam-cut pelican case I got for it.
20190911_172411.jpg

...I ordered what I thought was multi-strand, but when it arrived, it wasn't. The wire I included is the kind I used in my Marvel Pager and it worked out well. It's just a little sensitive to lots of 90-degree bends back and forth...

I'm using this wire for your kit, and it's my go-to wire for these type of projects. Shoot me a pm if you want a sample and I'll send you a bit:

This is how my package arrived, thanks Canada Post!

IMG_20190916_171114.jpg

Thankfully your packing job was awesome and the contents were just fine!

That is just wow. Last week I had a package going from New Jersey to New York that never arrived because it was so damaged in shipping that it destroyed the item inside. I'm now waiting for a refund, we will see how long that takes as the shipper and the Post Office fight it out to see who pays me back even though the I was told a refund had be sent out which should have just been a charge back on by CC.

This is how my package arrived, thanks Canada Post!

View attachment 1060466

Thankfully your packing job was awesome and the contents were just fine!
Wow... that's damn scary. The odd thing is that with the blue "prioritaire" sticker, it's supposed to go via airmail with other lightweight items, max 2 kilos, and letters. That looks like it had a TV dropped on it! Don't think I've had a package damaged that bad in the last ten or so years!

Glad it survived though.

If you notice anything broken when assembling, drop me a message and I'll send a replacement part.

Looks like all copies have arrived now, so I can announce that there is ONE set of rubber grips left (I was saving as a backup) in case anyone wants to order a full kit. You'd have to pay the extra $30 shipping we need to get the electronics (if you want them), but we ARE willing to do one more full or partial kit...

After some careful steps of sanding, primer and wet sanding, I'm finally on to color base coat.
After months of deliberation, I've settled on a color called "Precision Gray" by DupliColor.
20190926_113455.jpg

HEADS-UP!

Looks like we're going to be placing an electronics order soon and I have ONE set of rubber grips left, so if anyone wants to get in on an Orville pistol, send me a PM ASAP!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back