Limited Run The Orville Pistol MAJOR UPDATE & LAST CALL

Hey everyone. Just a heads-up that we are getting close to 'final call' for those that want in on this kit. It is my intent to have a finished copy to show off this weekend. I will be asking for payments within the next few days (unless I have made other arrangements with anyone). Once we put in the order for the electronics, that will be it. Due to the costs, I don't think we'll be ordering any more than what we need to cover the run. Cheers!

Build thread (check 1st post) has been updated again. Close to having a finished copy and a new video will be up soon.

If you're on the fence about this, now's the time to get in touch because the door is closing- especially on the electronics.

Please tell me I’m not too late. I just discovered this forum via Reddit and would love to get in on this run. I’d be interested in full version with electronics and rubber grip. Let me know what I need to do if I’m not too late!

Thanks.

Please tell me I’m not too late. I just discovered this forum via Reddit and would love to get in on this run. I’d be interested in full version with electronics and rubber grip. Let me know what I need to do if I’m not too late!

Thanks.
You got in pretty much in the last minute! (You can thank my boot drive which crashed a couple days ago... I've been busy rebuilding the PC since then, haha.) You should have a PM with payment info now.

OK.... a payment message has been sent out to everyone that has said they want a kit. If you DON'T have a message, but DO want a kit, I need to know ASAP, because I only have the weekend to print stuff and then I have to pack up the printer (it's being sent out to fix some sensor problems among other things- nothing that affects print surface quality however)

You got in pretty much in the last minute! (You can thank my boot drive which crashed a couple days ago... I've been busy rebuilding the PC since then, haha.) You should have a PM with payment info now.

Never have I been so racked with guilt. I'm so sorry you lost your drive but am giddy with excitement that I got in under the wire. I hope everything works out with the PC!

Just sent my PayPal payment....

-Jeff
Got it!

Never have I been so racked with guilt. I'm so sorry you lost your drive but am giddy with excitement that I got in under the wire. I hope everything works out with the PC!
Thanks. Yeah, it'll be fine... just freakin' irritating to have to reinstall and find backups of all my bookmarks and things. (Got your payment too, btw!)

IMPORTANT: DUE TO MY COMPUTER CRASH, I LOST THE SPREADSHEET where I had PM-44 orders listed. If you've sent payment ealier, no worries (I have a kit being readied for you) but if you want a kit and have not gotten a message today or sent payment earlier, you need to get in touch with me ASAP. I THINK I have everyone covered, but I might've missed someone!

PM sent, ordered electronics kit + rubber grips.

That's it for the rubber grips. I don't think I have enough rubber resin for more and I'm not sure when I'll be getting more. (It's kind of project-dependent!)
Will be ordering electronics this week as I print up the last parts before my printer goes away for fixing and the programmer will be taking care of the control boards starting the last week of July as he's out of the country next week, so hopefully all kits will be going out 1st-2nd week of August depending on when I get everything packed. (Those who opted for non-electronic kits will be getting them earlier.)

So at this point the run is ' more or less' full. There's a bit of leeway in doing more, but I would not be able to print them until late August or early September... and the electronics would be an issue, so we'll see if it can be revisited then. (I will of course be able to print just the resin kits.)

OK, small update. I spent all of last week printing like mad and the machine has now been sent out for fixes and calibration. The coming weeks will be spent arranging electronic components, cleaning parts (I usually remove most support material on kit parts), sorting, programming (not by me) and then getting these out the door. (Note: I will be accepting more orders for resin-only kits in the future.)

Thanks for the update! After having previously purchased your v2 elemental gun, I'm really looking forward to this kit.

...so....how goes the process of getting things ready to send?

-Jeff
I am cleaning parts of supports- it's a lot to clean and slow going because I have to be careful so I don't break anything since I can't print new parts until early September. The parts generally are not that delicate, but there are supports in some areas that can break off if I'm careless or try to rush it. (I think I've broken maybe 2-3 parts over the last year... so it's not an issue... I'm just being extra cautious.

The electric components just arrived with the programmer and he will start loading code onto the boards. Each one has to be soldered to fit a breadboard first. He might have already started.

One unfortunate thing is that we got unusable resistors:
1565193314851.png

They would work electronically, but are HUGE.... something that wasn't evident in the data sheet. With space being limited I don't think they will fit. It's always a problem with those things it seems. So I gotta order up more.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back