Limited Run The Orville Pistol MAJOR UPDATE & LAST CALL

When do you think you will start taking orders? And how soon will you know the cost? Thanks.
For those that only want the resin kit (no electronics) I was hoping to have already started, but I'm still crunching the numbers. Most likely in the next couple of days. For the electronics kit, it'll be around the turn of the month at the earliest. I hope to have one set of programmed electronics late next week, then I have to assemble them to verify everything is working.

This is the kind of stuff that happens when you push boundaries on a resin printer, even a good one.

Printing up some clear screens (and diffusers for the electronics) so that I don't have to swap resins too often.

The programmer is off riding his motorcycle in Norway for a few days and will resume programming once he gets back. (He's having to do some coding trickery- basically going back a restarting a few things to get the hardware to do what we want.)

But for those that only want the resin kit, they can get it now.

I'm interested! I've been looking for a screen accurate blaster for a while now and this one definitely seems to be the most accurate (and most feature filled) available.

I'm interested! I've been looking for a screen accurate blaster for a while now and this one definitely seems to be the most accurate (and most feature filled) available.
Thanks! If you want in on the run, please feel free to message me and let me know which options you'd like! : )

On a general note:
Since this is no longer an 'interest list', I have to ask that folks either be either 'in' or 'out' at this point, with whatever options they prefer. (Naturally, if the electronics for some reason don't work out, no one will be expected to get them.)

Both the programmer and myself have been pushing to finish this ASAP. There have been some dropouts due to folks having sudden, unexpected expenses, - which happens and can be hard, I know. Many have not responded. The initial interest level was barely enough to justify the increased effort and I kinda hoped that it would increase a little once the results of the added production reference started coming in, showing the level of polish and accuracy this kit was aiming for. (Especially since it came in lower than the estimate for the base kit!)

I love The Orville, and would have eventually made this for my collection anyway, but if this wasn't to be a 'run' it would've been done differently. For example, it would have taken longer... and not had so much time put into making it relatively easy to build, which is where the most strenuous work has gone. And I wouldn't have my friend doing copy-able electronics for it! Apologies if that seems like a 'rant'. Just frustrated at the direction the prop hobby has been heading lately and it's forcing me to consider how to approach potential future projects.

And on a more uplifting note:
The programmer is back this week and will continue working on the code. (Some things have to be redone due to undocumented hardware limitations, but it's getting sorted!)

Hope to update the build thread soon!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back