Limited Run The Orville Pistol MAJOR UPDATE & LAST CALL

Out of curiosity, do you remember what color RAY it shoots ? Or multiple colors ?
The stun is blue-white. Have to double-check but the kill setting might be red. It's been a few months since I watched it! (Waiting on S2 to finish so I can binge...)

The stun is blue-white. Have to double-check but the kill setting might be red. It's been a few months since I watched it! (Waiting on S2 to finish so I can binge...)

Season 2 really picks up towards the end with a great 2 parter, you're gonna love it ;)

Season 2 really picks up towards the end with a great 2 parter, you're gonna love it ;)
I'm gonna try and start watching it this week!

Definitely a game changer!
If these kits turn out to be a success for you, would you consider modeling the holster to go with them?
Sure, why not. I haven't really looked at the holster though, but as long as there is enough ref out there it shouldn't be a problem. The only thing I'd be concerned with is how to print it. The Form 2 doesn't have a huge build volume and I don't think splitting up a holster would be a good idea so maybe it'd have to be sent out and molded. (I could fuse several parts together with liquid resin and the hand-held laser I got for that purpose, but it's very slow going because you have to do it in lots of thin layers.)

In other news: Something about the overall profile of the grip in relation to the angle of the barrel was bothering me... a lot... so I've gone back a few steps and started reworking a few things. Two steps forward, one step back...

Last edited:
In other news: Something about the overall profile of the grip in relation to the angle of the barrel was bothering me... a lot... so I've gone back a few steps and started reworking a few things. Two steps forward, one step back...

It usually works one step forward two steps back for me ;) so at least you are making progress (y)

I'm prepping new samples for all my metalizer paints. I think I've chosen the appropriate colors to use on these kits.
20190312_220423.jpeg

It's a retouched render of the studio model, or at least a conceptual model, some time during development. There's a simpler (less painted-over) version of the same image in the "World of the Orville" book. The biggest difference is that the button plate is more clunky and integrated into the top of the grip frame (i.e. not separate).

Small (but important) update. I was recently given some really good production reference that showed me some areas where my current w-i-p was off. Over the last few days I have been essentially tweaking every part of my model to fit with that reference. It's going to put another couple of weeks on the schedule but oooooh boy will it be worth it.

I am now back to this level of completion (and none of the areas shown are 'final'):
upload_2019-4-7_19-49-0.png

We have also started looking at the electronics for this and once we have a first test print, and test of the electronics we will start collecting orders. Since electronics will have to be ordered in batches, this will not be an ongoing run. I'll still be able to make pistol bodies whenever, but the interior is cramped and will be tailored to fit the specific components we will be using.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back