The One Ring

Atarian

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Eventually I would like to get one from Jens Hansen, but I'm not ready for that kind of commitment yet. I have a licensed ring with a chain with the elvish inscription aroound it, but I would prefer one without it. Is there a good reploca out there, licensed or unlicensed that is not inscribed and accurately sized to the movie ring?

Thanks,
Jeff

Just get a sterling silver one from Jens Hansen, and have it gold plated.

From what I recall none of the replicas is accurate to the shape.

Yup, that's exactly what I did. There was no point for me to get a solid gold one since it'll be a display piece. But I did want one as accurate as possible.

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Mar 6 2006, 03:29 PM
mine will be for display too, it will be hanging from the chain on my sting. thanks guys.
[snapback]1200086[/snapback]​
Kind of like this? :D

lotr2.jpg

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Mar 6 2006, 04:09 PM
kinda :p

(show off, lol)
[snapback]1200117[/snapback]​
Sorry... couldn't help myself. :angel

I am going to be redoing my display in a couple of weeks, once I get a few new items ready for it.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
How'd you get the Thror map? Buy it? Make it? Share the file?[/b]
It's from here:
http://www.indyprops.com/pp-thror.htm

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Mar 6 2006, 04:22 PM
is that one of the display cases from ikea? looks like the perfect size
<div align="right">[snapback]1200126[/snapback]

[/quote]
Yes, it's the Detolf, and it's the perfect size (for displaying Sting and scabbard, that is). :thumbsup

20306PE079916S3.jpg

I was planning on getting one of those. How much was yours without the frame?
I think it was $45, but that was a while ago, so I am not sure what Indy is selling them for now.

Originally posted by RodianJedi@Mar 6 2006, 04:41 PM
That looks awesome, what a great display. Is there anything else on the other scrolls and parchments?
[snapback]1200149[/snapback]​
Thanks, the other parchments don't have any LOTR significance and came from here:

http://www.libertybellmuseum.com/museumshop.htm

Although, the quill pen is "close" to the one that Bilbo uses in Fellowship of The Ring.

http://www.libertybellmuseum.com/MuseumSho...turkeyquill.htm

creamedgeezer: Sorry for the hijack, just trying to answer questions.

I was about to ask these very questions, so it's not really a hijack, lol.

Thanks for all the info.

Now I'm torn on how i want to display my stuff. I could rip you off, or use the cool wall mount the UC sting comes with, lol

Sweet display. But to get back on topic... any advice about where to have the gold plating done and what it might cost? I have a silver JH that I've been meaning to get around to plating.

Originally posted by Wind23@Mar 6 2006, 04:27 PM
Sweet display.  But to get back on topic... any advice about where to have the gold plating done and what it might cost?  I have a silver JH that I've been meaning to get around to plating.
[snapback]1200201[/snapback]​

I'm fairly certain any competant jewelry store should be able to do it for you.

i'm probably going to send mine to appliedmetals here on the board. I hear all good things abouut him, and I have some non jewelry stuff I need plated. He already said he could do it :)

Just ordered my One Ring from Jens Hansen. Anyone know the turnaround time? Also, can it be made without the stamp on the inside (the one declaring silver or gold), I want it as close to the movie as possible. I emailed them about it, but thought someone here might know.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back