Yeah, someone else I was chatting to about the project mentioned another replica from some time back, but I've never seen any pictures of it despite trawling through the interet for countless hours studying this prop. Southreplicas told me he made one several years ago for a friend, and another member over at TPZ mentioned that he had made his own replica, back in the day.
Anyway, the next step for me is to get one of these produced in pewter and see how it turns out. I'll be sure to keep the thread updated with developments, pricing and so on.
I remember the ones on ebaY. The pics looked really nice and they seemed really close. I had images that I took from the auction, but can't seem to find them. Whoever it was sold them singly and a set.
I emailed him a few times, but I am not sure if he ever sold them. He never seemed to have sales and could never send pics of the actual ones. I think the pics he was showing were the prototypes.
Since posting the prototype, some new reference has now come to light and I will be going back and modifying the master dagger before molding and casting these again. Should have the new version ready to show in a couple of weeks.
I will be able to offer these as a single dagger, plus the full set of 7 with some extra goodies.
No idea of price at this point - I will have to figure that out once I have a final materials cost and a time cost for me to make per dagger/set.
Alright, I've started work on the resculpt of the master. No time like the present, eh?:lol
Here's a WIP pic of the resculpt underway:
Based on the new reference I have available to me, I have had to streamline the design and remove some of the complexity of the detailing, as the original had a slightly more simplified corpus design - almost 'Art Nouveau' really. Wish I had the same reference available at the beginning of the process as it would have saved me a lot of effort, but it's all a learning curve...so it's all good.:thumbsup
More pics coming later...I'm off for some roast beef, yorkshire pudding and a few cans of ale.
Some radical surgery to further 'accurise' the replica.
I realised that it was fractionally to wide sideways on and the pommel section was a little to circular. So...I removed the metal detailing around the ring of the pommel and cut the master in half horizontally, sanded each section down.
I've now rejoined both sides and I think it looks MUCH better, proportonally, a lot closer to the screen used prop.
Now to go back and add the detailing to the pommel, resculpt the hands etc.