The Old Republic - who's playing?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by squirk, Dec 13, 2011.

1. squirk

squirk Sr Member

Since it's Day One of early access, I thought it'd be helpful to start a thread listing who is playing, on which server(s) and under what character name(s).

For me, I have all my chars on Shien (RP). My main is a female Miralukan Consular by the highly creative and original name of "Squirk".

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

I didn't get an email, but I decided to check anyway. Lo and behold, the "Play" button was rarin' to go! I am on Sanctum of the Exalted as Sith warrior Ka'el.

3. Goodwolf

Goodwolf Sr Member

No email yet, and no access.

Then again, I only recently got around to buying it so I'll be amazed if I get in more than a half hour before launch.

4. Ull Dar Borealis

Ull Dar Borealis Well-Known Member

got it the first day, got codes first day, but no email no access yet but again I'm in Canada

so will get it a month or 2 after it goes live for everyone

5. MRJEDI21

MRJEDI21 New Member

Still waiting on that special email.

6. Goodwolf

Goodwolf Sr Member

The weird thing is it says I need to put in my code and gives me a link, but when I click on the link and put in the code it tells me I'm already verified. Even got my email confirming the... confirmation.

7. ItalianNinja86

ItalianNinja86 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Zabrak Smuggler named Zarrik on The Shadowlands server if anyone is interested

Never got to play the beta but I'm really enjoying this more then I did WoW something about having to kill 10 separatist just seems more interesting then killing 10 wild boars

8. Flagg

Flagg Sr Member

LOL Im so out of the loop I didnt even know it was out where you could buy it yet. I thought it was still in beta. Guess I will have to go check this out for christmas for my GF who is a former WoW head.

9. squirk

squirk Sr Member

It officially comes out on the 20th. However, if you pre-ordered the game, you get to play up to a week early.

10. Qui-Gonzalez

Guys, check the launcher. Login to the launcher and see what happens. I did not get an email yet either, but as I registered my code on 7/23, I took a shot. Leveling away! (I almost played hooky)

11. squirk

squirk Sr Member

Wookiee hooky was tempting, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. All I've really done is create the chars, set up my toolbars, and tweaked the settings on both the game and the Naga.

12. Qui-Gonzalez

I hit level 8 from last night and some this morning. I set a few place holder names on Lord Adraas and Jung Ma as well. Was looking forward to playing tonight, but looks like I have to travel for work.

13. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

I didn't wait for my invite. Since I purchased and redeemed my code minutes after the pre-sale email went out, I just started firing up the game launcher @ 4am p.s.t. and was in game playing by 0405.

Put in a marathon day and leveled my shadow almost to 21

About half of the 70 in our guild were playing before noon yesterday

14. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

I got my invite as I said on the other thread. Since its out, we want to move over here?

15. Qui-Gonzalez

I am. Just letting the other thread die a slow, painful death. No need to combine the two.

16. Qui-Gonzalez

Amazon finally got hip! New estimated shipping date is 12/16! Woo! We don't have to worry about that whole "grace period" nonsense.

17. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

well, I'm Jedi Knight Qrest on the Krayt Dragon server. I debated on going onto a RP server. thinking about doing a female smuggler on an RP server.

Bummed we dont have last names.

18. Qui-Gonzalez

You will at 30, I believe. The Legacy name will go across your toons on that server.

19. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

Evidently the post I tried to make at lunch at work today didn't make it.

called Wal mart today. They still have my order but say it won't ship till the 23.

:-(

20. squirk

squirk Sr Member

Is there possibly a redemption code somewhere on your Wal-Mart order whereby you could enter the code on the SWTOR web site and download the game on the 20th?

21. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

I'm already up and running. I just want my extra REAL stuff.

22. Qui-Gonzalez

EA is now giving you until the 22nd 12:01 am EST.

23. squirk

squirk Sr Member

I wonder how much that Malgus statue will go for on eBay........

24. BoozeBeGood

BoozeBeGood Sr Member

Well, my laptop was having a hard time running the beta but I still love the game. I need to upgrade anyway so I'll stick it out with my crappy performance for now until I get a new laptop that has a better graphics card (hopefully within the next few weeks).

For now I am playing a Bounty Hunter, Jedi, and Trooper on The Shadowlands server. It's a PVE server. I was tired of the PVP and I am not really into the RP servers

25. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member

I wish I could play my established character on other servers. I'm currently a Jedi on the Krayt Dragon server, but I might start a Bounty Hunter as well. If anyone is still waiting for their early access emails, check your spam folder. They reported that some are ending up there. That's how my husband found ours.

26. ItalianNinja86

well finally got around to starting my alt character A female chiss bounty hunter on the anchorhead server

I got to say bounty hunter is a pretty bad * class to play and that hutta is with out a doubt the most depressing planet i've ever seen

27. Arkamis

Arkamis Well-Known Member

Our guild got put on Keller's Void. I'm playing slow right now as we have over 200 members so trying to get everyone taken care of then will focus fire on leveling. Hit 17 last night on my Sorcerer.

28. Qui-Gonzalez

I snuck home to find a big old box waiting for me at the office for my apartment. SCORE.

29. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

Well, I'm happy to announce Wal-mart has come through and has sent out my set. Should be here tuesday.

Yesterday, my wal-mart got in the strategy guide/ atlas. I thought they were supposed to be hardback?

30. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

Amazon finally shows my CE shipped out today from Vegas. Hopefully it will be in my hands by Tuesday.

31. abaddon1974

abaddon1974 Active Member

Well I gave in and bought a new computer for this.
    So far I love the game, I am trying to play a few different characters, but my favourite so far is the bounty hunter.

Craig

32. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

I 've gotten my Jedi up to level ten, but I still need about 6 codex to finish off the planet. I then made a smuggler and I don't know if I've gotten to be a better player in the last two months, or I'm just upgrading her clothes better but smuggler is just seeming way too easy that back in beta. It's nice right now since I've played a smuggler up until level 17 and I hate redoing this stuff, but it is seeming a bit easy.

33. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

Im going to ask here first. Im hoping there'll be a "guides" forum over at the official TOR forums.

I'd like to get all the codex's(codi?) per planet. Both characters need 6 to go. I just dont know how I'm missing a few. Like wildlife. I could understand if killing a critter got me the codex, but that aint it. I have noticed tthat some are gotten by toughing a banner, or alittle placard nearby. Hoping someone puts up a list.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  34. Dewy

Dewy Well-Known Member

Level 20 Jedi Guardian on Shii-Cho server. In game name is Andrew if anyone is on that server hit me up.

35. Ull Dar Borealis

Ull Dar Borealis Well-Known Member

well been in the q for a 1 1/2 hours on our guilds server, dam I hope they don't intend me to pay for a monthly subscription and I cant even play when I have time

36. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

I find it amazing in a week before release the waits have been terrible. I can only imagine how bad it will be after tuesday.

37. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

My queue was 600+ when trying to long in this afternoon. One can only think the smart thing is that BW will up the cap on server population, or else this game is going down in flames QUICK!

38. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member

Here's a picture of my character that I took right after landing in Corusant. I'm up to level 12 right now.
    [​IMG]
    I'm really enjoying the game, other than the wait time.

39. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

What folder is it saving your pics in? I can't find mine.

40. ihs

ihs Well-Known Member

Playing as a Jedi Sentinel (real original, I know :p ). Started the download Friday night and it finished Saturday evening; between a couple hours then and a few hours yesterday, I'm up to lvl 11. Longest queue so far was 186 last night; took about 10 minutes to get in. So far I'm really enjoying the game, though I've not done any sort of deep dive (crafting, etc.).

41. Shade88

Shade88 Well-Known Member

I would get this game, but there is noooo way I could afford any monthly plan at this stage in my life. :(

42. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member

My computer has a Screen caps or Print screen folder somewhere, but I can never find it when I need it.:lol I open and minimize Paint, do the screen cap, then go to Paint and click on Paste. Then I do any cropping I want. It's probably more steps than I need, but it works. I'll go find the folder when I get a chance. I can't imagine what's still in there I've never opened.

43. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

Well, low and behold I found them.

Libraries/documents/theoldrepublic/screenshots

44. KorrickUSCM

KorrickUSCM Active Member

Just a heads up, Buy.com and Toysrus.com have the Collectors edition in stock if anyone is looking for one. I bought my copy today!

45. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

My ce is sitting in chicago atm. Hope it makes it tommorrow.

46. Goodwolf

Goodwolf Sr Member

I keep hearing horror stories about login times, but my server never seemed to have a problem.

Now I've doomed myself.

47. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

Amazon sux dead goat's nutz!

My CE won't be here until Wednesday. (WHY would you ship something from Las Vegas TO Salt Lake City, and then up here to the NW? OMG how utterly stupid)

So for those that already have their CE, can you tell me since I was playing in the early access, do I now need to enter my code to play at launch?

I'm sure they will want my billing info, and I could see not being able to play on "launch day" because I don't have the needed info.

48. Dung0beetle

Dung0beetle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Server: Ajunta Pall (RP/PVP) I like to mix RP with PVP, because teabagging out of character is just wrong.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  49. Zenman

Zenman Active Member

Ive got a 22 Cyborg Bounty Hunter on Anchorhead. Just picked my CE up, got all the codes and authenticator put in and......199 in cue....ugh

50. ItalianNinja86

bioware is giving a 2 day grace period for those that don't have their codes on launch day dave

Zen I'm on anchorhead also chiss bounty hunter named Tii