The OLD MPC X-Wing...

I think I've decided to leave my original as is. Super crappy 11 year old kid paint job and wings that in the closed position now look like a tight rope walkers balance pole. Constant whisper that I need to make another. The internal conflict is resolved.

Seems we have a few members of the 50+ club here all with a similar memory and new found inspiration. :D
Saw Star Wars at age 10 and I was smitten. Picked up an MPC X-Wing two days after release and built it. Many hours spent playing with it.
Pushing 54.
That original X-Wing all those years ago is what inspired my current wing mechanism work. Now I have the technology to pull it off.

Thank you again for the inspiration to once again enjoy building this kit with your beautiful rendition of Biggs Red 3.

Sorry dockbay, I missed your question about the nubs... I did it for asymetric interest. If you've ever noticed, a lot of real world sensors are placed in such a fashion by design. In this context, the two are more interesting visually than four would have been.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back