THE OLD MAN on FX & HULU

Usagi Pilgrim

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm REALLY surprised no one is talking about this show. Based on the novel & starring Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, & Amy Brenneman, this has been the absolute HIGHLIGHT of entertainment these last few weeks. Rather than try to summarize, here's the trailer...

Episode 5, out of 7, just aired last week, if anyone wants to jump in, but again, I can NOT recommend this show highly enough. Can't wait to hopefully get some discussion going.

Thankfully it's been given a second season, since obviously there's no way that they could wrap things up in 2 episodes. I find the 7 episodes thing kind of odd, and am wondering if that had anything to do with Jeff Bridges' health problems at the time.

It's a great, thought-provoking show. I found the casting for the younger versions of Bridges' and Lithgow's characters to be particularly inspired - especially Lithgow's character. That dude absolutely nailed it.

Thankfully it's been given a second season, since obviously there's no way that they could wrap things up in 2 episodes. I find the 7 episodes thing kind of odd, and am wondering if that had anything to do with Jeff Bridges' health problems at the time.

It's a great, thought-provoking show. I found the casting for the younger versions of Bridges' and Lithgow's characters to be particularly inspired - especially Lithgow's character. That dude absolutely nailed it.
I honestly thought they had Lithgow do ADR for those flashback scenes. It was THAT perfect of a casting.

Whenever the younger Dan scenes are on, all I hear is Against All Odds by Phil Collins. Lol

I just keep seeing Jeff from that video.

Think I'm gonna give this a miss for now. The elevator pitch sounds like I've seen it before already.

That said, glad to see Jeff Bridges working again and, hopefully, beating his cancer.

You should look into the FX Network on YouTube: stunt work with Jeff Bridges and his stunt double + stunt coordinator!
Raw, real survival fights (reminds me a lot of the fantastic stunt work that was done for Atomic Blonde:notworthy::notworthy: (y) (y) :cool: :cool:) not the typical Hollywood stuff for sure. Great cast also makes it a very enjoyable watch!

You should look into the FX Network on YouTube: stunt work with Jeff Bridges and his stunt double + stunt coordinator!
Raw, real survival fights (reminds me a lot of the fantastic stunt work that was done for Atomic Blonde:notworthy::notworthy: (y) (y) :cool: :cool:) not the typical Hollywood stuff for sure. Great cast also makes it a very enjoyable watch!
I've seen a few of those
And Atomic Blonde.. I liked it lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back