The official miles morales build with my 12 year old...(pic heavy)..

ok... so heres the latest.... ive finally finished the right knee pad. i did it all by hand. the next few will be done with an attempt at the sewing machine...

quick update! finished sewing all pads and received the fabric for the suit. the jersey knit fabric is goin to give the red a sweet effect, but im not sure imma go with it. what do you guys think?

btw.. always use a thimble. as u can see i found my nightess in shining armor lol

k ive been sick like a dog for the past few days, but somehow mustered up the strength to start our web work for the build. i plan on silk screening if not airbrushing the webbing. another idea i would like to toy with is maybe the webbing will look cool pipped into the suit. idk. guess well just have to stick around and see.

ttyl webb heads!

ok... one more update b4 bed... ive finally tweeked the lines jus the way we want them and put it through photoshop. tomorrow ill get workin with it in AI. goodnight and be safe to all......

You seem just like peter parker in the movie when he was making his costume, only you already have a lot more set, so far so good man!

SORRY FOR THE DELAYS IN POST GUYS!!! its hard being a single dad. and caretaker to 3 disabled adults. but hey its what i gotta do. n e how....

heres some of the latest. i finally learned how to use cs5 illustrator and im quite impressed with myself. cant wait till my son wakes up and sees this. i still have to warp the center neck lines so that when i sew the halves together
it comes out uniform to the outer neck webs.

ill be back soon jus stay tuned....

ok the chest is officially done! well except for the center lines being corrected that is, and it actually being silk screened and sewn. i also forgot to mention i did my own trace of the chest spider in illustrator.

well.... in these pics. we are using a spidey face shell play mask from wallmart that we picked up for 5 dollars. i think its by marvel. it has everything we need to fabricate our own version of the shell. i looked around and brads was pretty good. but i needed somethin more. im plannin on removing the webbing and eye frames that are jus glued on to the front. extending the area above head and stretch the chin down a bit. so i could look like some what of a helmet. and replacing the frames with some frames i drew up in illustrator. gotta run. feel free to ask away... if ud like ill try to get back to ya quick. be safe and see ya soon.

well.... in these pics. we are using a spidey face shell play mask from wallmart that we picked up for 5 dollars. i think its by marvel. it has everything we need to fabricate our own version of the shell. i looked around and brads was pretty good. but i needed somethin more. im plannin on removing the webbing and eye frames that are jus glued on to the front. extending the area above head and stretch the chin down a bit. so i could look like some what of a helmet. and replacing the frames with some frames i drew up in illustrator. gotta run. feel free to ask away... if ud like ill try to get back to ya quick. be safe and see ya soon.

DUDE! Friggin Awesome work so far!

Hey guys sorry its been a while. Ive ben super busy. Like i said it tough being a single dad lol but hey what can i say i love it lol
heres the latest in pics. Ill be adding explanations tomorrow but please feel free to ask questions. Ill answer wit time ok. Take care see ya tomorrow. Good night.....

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back