The oathkeeper (Jaime lannister's valyrian steel sword)

The Barn Owl

Has anyone caught any HD screen grabs? Also is anyone aware of a sword replica in the making by valyriansteel.com?

I think I'll attempt the handle if anyone wants to help me out

I know that it hasn't been called oathkeeper in the show yet, but there is a sister sword that will be given to joffrey during his wedding- I look forward to seeing that one.

Last edited:
lannister 1.pnglannister 2.jpg

here are some

Brand new forum poster here, but also hoping to make Oathkeeper sometime soon. I've been trying to find a dead on shot of the naked blade so I can make a pattern, but I'm having no luck. Do you good folks think following the basic shape of Longclaw (with a slightly thinner blade,) would do the trick? Comparable in size and proportions, at least? I'm too excited to wait much longer to start on this project, but I don't want something totally inaccurate.

Longclaw ref:
Damascus-Longclaw-on-Display.jpg

Bonus comparisons of sword sizes from the GoT exhibit (go figure, without Longclaw, but helpful anyway.)
Game_of_Thrones_Oslo_exhibition_2014_-_Weapons.jpg

Valyrian Steel post blade sizes on their website, you should be able to scale it reasonably accurately from knowing the size of Ice.

i began modelling widow's wail a while ago ! these pics will help me get some details right ! perhaps make a v2 !
vfbhnjkl.JPG
thanks for the references guys !

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back