The number 23.... Where to find the cover material

laellee

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've had a long-term personal project of recreating the red book from the Number 23 (with Jim Carrey). Over the past couple of years, I've been slowly assembling and creating pages to fill the book with, but I still need to find a cover material similar to the screen-used.

For those of you unfamiliar with Topsy Kret's book, it's a softcover slightly larger than 8 1/2 X 11 inches, with a red cover and black print/details. Here are some pics:

Book2.jpg

number23-071.jpg

.... And the screen-used:

I'm looking for either a place to get this bound, or a way to bind it myself with an appropriate matching material. It reminds me of the cheap paper-based notebook covers I used in school, and the way that the white core would show through from creases and wear. I can't help but to think this should be an easy material to find in an appropriate solid red stock that I could cut, finish and weather, but I haven't come across anything in my travels. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back