The Ninth Gate - Dean Corso's bag contents

airhead

Sr Member
I got to looking at "The Ninth Gate" the other day and thought that I'd work on some of the stuff that Dean Corso carries around in that bag. Based on a couple of images that I found with an image search, I made up an Air France ticket and ticket envelope. I also made up a mock-up Lucky Strike package, based on a candy package merged with a real package. Being a non-smoker, I kept the candy seal.

He has what looks like a Day Timer notebook and a checkbook cover - all stuffed with papers.

Since most of the stuff - business cards, ticket stubs, etc - isn't shown clearly, it might be interesting to invent what else is in the bag.

Air France NY - Paris Dean Corso ticket.jpg
Air France ticket envelope redraw.jpg
Lucky Strike redraw 1.jpg

So here's a few more screencaps if you guys really want to dig deeper into Corso's bag contents :)
dean corso bag contents 1.jpg So that's the ticket and passport. IndyMagnoli made a great version of Corso's passport. dean corso bag contents 2.jpg The one Airhead made seems to be missing this little detail on the left corner.
dean corso bag contents 3.jpg Note the keys on the right.
dean corso bag contents 4.jpg A few business cards.
dean corso bag contents 5.jpg Two notebooks filled with papers.
dean corso bag contents 6.jpg A loop, a receipe? and few more papers. Lucky strikes. Red matches. No idea what the metal ring thing is...
dean corso bag contents 7.jpg Better look at business cards. Something inside a note.
dean corso bag contents 8.jpg Better look at the matches.
dean corso bag contents 9.jpg Is that a part of the script?
dean corso bag contents 10.jpg The blue and red pen and a green lighter. a pen.
dean corso bag contents 11.jpg Beige matches.
dean corso bag contents 12.jpg Better look at some of the stuff.

Last edited:
Great! I know that the ticket envelope has a white stamp/sticker in the upper left corner, I just didn't know what it was.

He does have that bag full of stuff. I haven't found a loupe like the one he has - it must be a particularly high power.

Is that a folding magnifying lens in the lower left shots 7 -

- - - Updated - - -

Great! I know that the ticket envelope has a white stamp/sticker in the upper left corner, I just didn't know what it was.

He does have that bag full of stuff. I haven't found a loupe like the one he has - it must be a particularly high power.

Is that a folding magnifying lens in the lower left shots 7 -

That magnifying glass is an antique of either French or German manufacture - both are cited in current sales on ebay us and uk). The name is Dupose.

mr2xNCkMnS0K8zm4T9rs5BQ.jpg

The examples that I've found look to have a smaller lens than Corso's.

Does anyone have the detail that is missing from my Air France envelope - the white stamp/sticker in the upper left corner?

Working on the loupe and cigs right now. There was someone in the JY that was working on some more accurate stuff, but it has been a while now.

I don't suppose anyone knows where to get a key chain/fob like the one we see here? You'd think it would be easy to find a similar one, but I'm coming up empty.

BTW, I believe it is a 'saddle' style.

Last edited:
I like the Air France logo on the ticket envelope.

There are several Corso business cards floating around. I'm working on a couple of invented cards. Has anyone made up one for Bernie's bookstore?

David

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back