The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Junex Sabrina 23 Carpet Sweeper

awesome score Ian!
do you have reference showing those PL connectors? they look pretty different from the ones used on the Hoth scanner for instance:
Rebel Scanner 25.jpg

awesome score Ian!
do you have reference showing those PL connectors? they look pretty different from the ones used on the Hoth scanner for instance:

Good question, I do not I picked these up on the RPF without doing any research, please let me know if they are in-accurate & I will correct my post and toss theses out as junk and hunt the accurate PL Connectors lol!!

Good question, I do not I picked these up on the RPF without doing any research, please let me know if they are in-accurate & I will correct my post and toss theses out as junk and hunt the accurate PL Connectors lol!!
ah! sorry Ian! well, i don't know if there are any close up shots of IG88 out there, I'm not finding anything clear so far. That's why i'm basing my comment on the ESB scanner part. It's in the same movie and is the same part, so I'm assuming they used the same for IG. That being said, as usual, there are a lot of variations on those parts, so it's always possible they used different connectors everywhere.

ah! sorry Ian! well, i don't know if there are any close up shots of IG88 out there, I'm not finding anything clear so far. That's why i'm basing my comment on the ESB scanner part. It's in the same movie and is the same part, so I'm assuming they used the same for IG. That being said, as usual, there are a lot of variations on those parts, so it's always possible they used different connectors everywhere.

Thanks for the heads up, now to get hunting.

Vintage PL-259 Connectors

I picked up 17lb of old connectors looking for accurate PL-259 connectors for my IG-88 display, ended up with a nice haul of male connectors with a few variations, I also have to re-sort looking for the accurate smooth edge connectors used on FX-7 Medical Droid shout to Chris lonepigeon for the info on these connectors.

Bulk Lots:

1642.jpg

1643.jpg

1644.jpg

1642.jpg 1643.jpg 1644.jpg

Male Connectors:

1645.jpg

1645.jpg

Variations:

1646.jpg

1647.jpg

1648.jpg

1649.jpg

1650.jpg

1651.jpg

1646.jpg1647.jpg1648.jpg1649.jpg1650.jpg1651.jpg

Last edited:
Vintage Graflite Flash 3-Cell Black No.2773

I finally picked up a clean vintage Graflite Flash 3-Cell Black No.2773 been looking for ages for a clean flash at reasonable price to use for the X Wing Cockpit Graflite, I picked up the decal set from Chad TatooineMachine way way back...

This will look awesome displayed with the vintage Flight Helmet Hybrid Red-5 X-Wing Helmet Dustin newmagrathea is building

Graflite Flash 3x Cell Black No.2773:

1652.jpg

1652.jpg1653.jpg1654.jpg1655.jpg

X Wing Cockpit Graflite Decal Set:

1656.jpg

1657.jpeg

1656.jpg1657.jpeg

I do believe the black Graflites originated with the Army and later became available to the public. Probably explains their rareness? Not definite on that tho. I’ve seen the full Army kits usually containing a black one. Just picked one up myself. Nice find

I do believe the black Graflites originated with the Army and later became available to the public. Probably explains their rareness? Not definite on that tho. I’ve seen the full Army kits usually containing a black one. Just picked one up myself. Nice find

Yeah that's correct these black Graflite 3-Cell Flash that have Graflex around the band were originally part of military camera kits supplied to the US military, the kits changed over the period of issue, here's examples;

1658.jpg

1659.jpg

1658.jpg1659.jpg

Vintage Junex Sabrina 23 Carpet Sweeper

Firstly a big shout-out to Jeff Robert Miller on FB who posted the discovery of the vintage Junex Sabrina 23 Carpet Sweeper which has a plastic push button used on many props & screen dressing (not sure if Jeff is a member on the RPF)

1660.jpg

Secondly shortly after Jeff posted his discovery, my good buddy Kevin ModelBuilder contacted me letting me know he needed one for his builds, so the hunt was on, unfortunately timing was bad and I was on vacation thinking more about cold beers and beaches then Star Wars hunting but eventually I got my beer goggles off and hunting goggles on and hunted this vintage Junex Sabrina 23 Carpet Sweeper, it took some negotiations but eventually we got it shipped to Kevin in the US :cool:

1661.jpg

1661.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back