The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Torsten Hallman GP Chest Protector

Red V X-Wing Helmet Project Announcement

Vintage APH Flight Helmet / ESB Red V Helmet Project

I posted about this project back in May #784 when I obtained the vintage APH Flight Helmet & DH-PFX Helmet Kit.

The plan is to keep as much of the vintage APH Flight Helmet hardware including the original Dual Visors & Rams Horn and to use sections/parts from a DH-PFX Helmet Kit like the Mohawk etc + plenty of Dustin newmagrathea magic we will go from a vintage APH Flight Helmet to a very cool vintage/hybrid ESB Hero Red V Helmet.

ESB Hero Red V Helmet:

729.jpg

Vintage APH Flight Helmet:

722.jpg

722.jpg 723.jpg 724.jpg 725.jpg 726.jpg 727.jpg

DH-PFX Helmet Kit:

728.jpg

X Wing Helmet Project Announcement:

Red V X-Wing Helmet Project Announcement

Vintage APH Flight Helmet / ESB Red V Helmet Project

I posted about this project back in May #784 when I obtained the vintage APH Flight Helmet & DH-PFX Helmet Kit.

The plan is to keep as much of the vintage APH Flight Helmet hardware including the original Dual Visors & Rams Horn and to use sections/parts from a DH-PFX Helmet Kit like the Mohawk etc + plenty of Dustin newmagrathea magic we will go from a vintage APH Flight Helmet to a very cool vintage/hybrid ESB Hero Red V Helmet.

ESB Hero Red V Helmet:

View attachment 1348047

Vintage APH Flight Helmet:

View attachment 1348040

View attachment 1348040 View attachment 1348041 View attachment 1348042 View attachment 1348043 View attachment 1348044 View attachment 1348045

DH-PFX Helmet Kit:

View attachment 1348046

X Wing Helmet Project Announcement:

That's not the correct helmet. The oxygen mask clips are wrong. Cool find though.

That's not the correct helmet. The oxygen mask clips are wrong. Cool find though.

I discussed why I selected this version vintage APH Flight Helmet for my vintage / ESB hybrid build in my original post & discussions, I know the screen helmets were molded from a vintage APH-6B Flight Helmet.

Last edited:
2x Vintage Schneider - Kreuznach Arriflex - Cinegon Lens

I got super lucky again and was able to pick up another 2x vintage Schneider - Kreuznach Arriflex - Cinegon Lens 10mm & 16mm as posted earlier these Lens were used to build the OT Droid Restraining Bolts, one of these will be going to my buddy russellsch for his display.

844.jpg

845.jpg

844.jpg 845.jpg

Schneider - Kreuznach Arriflex - Cinegon Lens 10mm

847.jpg

846.jpg 847.jpg 848.jpg 849.jpg

Schneider - Kreuznach Arriflex - Cinegon Lens 16mm

851.jpg

850.jpg 851.jpg 852.jpg 853.jpg

I discussed why I selected this version vintage APH Flight Helmet for my vintage / ESB hybrid build in my original post & discussions, I know the screen helmets were molded from a vintage APH-6B Flight Helmet.
I didn't read through all 45 pages of posts sorry.

I can't wait to see what you do with this helmet. This is a project I've wanted to see done for a long time. And you definitely picked the right guy to help. I would love to see newmagrathea get into the industry and make a living building props. He's got the talent and attention to detail. This will be a beautiful addition to your amazing collection.

I can't wait to see what you do with this helmet. This is a project I've wanted to see done for a long time. And you definitely picked the right guy to help. I would love to see newmagrathea get into the industry and make a living building props. He's got the talent and attention to detail. This will be a beautiful addition to your amazing collection.

Wow, thanks man, that means a lot.

Thanks buddy very cool you are watching, I think its going to be an awesome build to follow as Dustin newmagrathea blends the vintage & kit parts to produce a hybrid vintage/ESB Red V helmet whilst keeping the overall vintage flight helmet feel & hardware.

Custom LEGO Millennium Falcon with full Interior

UPDATE 8

I've made progress over the past weeks after changing the hardware location plan due to the lack of space, the 2x speakers will now be located in the Front Landing Gear Boxes and the 2x Batteries & Boards will be located in the Rear Landing Gear Boxes.

I also had to change the planned location for the Battery USB Plugs to between the Side Access Corridors & Rear Landing Gear Boxes, they sit nicely and should allow reasonably easy access for charging, I plan to add a hinged cover over the plugs.

854.jpg

855.jpg

856.jpg

854.jpg 855.jpg 856.jpg

Last edited:
Vintage Webley & Scott No1 MkI & No2 MkI Flare Pistols

OMG some days are just better then all others, I received an awesome package today :love:

I recently picked up this minty vintage Webley & Scott No1 MkI Flare Pistol and another vintage Webley & Scott No2 MkI Flare Pistols, the No1 MkI is in amazing condition given it's 100+ years old, I plan to display No1 MkI "as is" along with the other vintage & non vintage unknown parts for my ESB Fett EE-3 display.

I know the vintage Webley & Scott No2 MkI Flare Pistol was not used as an OT prop but I think they will still look cool as they use the same frame as the No1 MkI Flare Pistol.

I need to give a huge shout-out to Andy mugatu who helped with the auctions & shipping, thanks buddy (y)

857.jpg

858.jpg

857.jpg 858.jpg

859.jpg

860.jpg

859.jpg 860.jpg

861.jpg

862.jpg

861.jpg 862.jpg

I am thrilled they arrived safe and sound. It seems like the shipping time went very quickly, thanks to all of your prep work.
It is in truly remarkable shape. Top 3 I’ve ever seen without a doubt!

Thanks buddy for all your help, now I have it in-hand I am amazed at the condition for a vintage item that is over 100 years old, now to get everything displayed :D

The hunt for the illusive AM Plugs continues....

Vintage Fett & Vader Display + RAF MPP S92 Camera Kits & 7x MPP Microflash

I started working on my vintage parts Fett & Vader / MPP Display I still have plenty of other vintage items to add once I get them in-hand, also I ordered a RS Fett linage raw cast helmet with metal ears which will go up top.

I am loving this display with my vintage Webley & Scott No1 MkI Flare Pistol & 2x RAF MPP S92 Camera Kits and 7x MPP Microflash, I still need to decide if I want to display the Vader sabers built or as separate parts, my buddy Markus OdiWan72 suggested Shadow Boxes if I go with displaying as separate parts, which sounds like a great idea as I already have a vintage Exactra & OTIS Card and other items displayed this way.

865.jpg

865.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back