The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage PL-259 Connectors

Luke ANH Macrobinoculars & RAF MkVIII Goggles and Luke ESB Electrobinoculars & SWAN Goggles Displays

I finally got to add my Luke ESB Electrobinoculars built by Dustin newmagrathea from a reject parts kit Markus OdiWan72 was kind enough to put together for me which I have previously posted WIP photos & videos.

I had a pair of ESB Hoth Gloves, which I used some hair curling tubes to form the fingers, I think it looks cool to see the gloves holding the Electrobinoculars with the SWAN Goggles behind on a funny foam face.

View attachment 1428724

View attachment 1428725

View attachment 1428724 View attachment 1428725

I also did the same style display for the Luke ANH Macrobinoculars & RAF MkVIII Goggles and other items;

ANH HERO Graflex - Vintage Parts
Droid Caller - Vintage Kobold
Microflame Torch - Vintage Torch
Communicator - Replica Parts
Tools - Replica

View attachment 1428726

View attachment 1428726

Graflex Display

I built LEGO Graflex family cycle displays from Anakin to Rey, I am still looking for a mint MR Luke ESB FX Lightsaber and to have my all vintage parts Wampa Cave saber built to complete the display.

View attachment 1428727

View attachment 1428727
I just got my first pair of binoculars. OdiWan72 kit painted and weathered by Rufus72. Beautiful work and a fantastic kit. Thanks to both of you.
20210221_233424.jpg
20210221_233541.jpg
20210221_232424.jpg
20210221_231911.jpg
20210221_234705.jpg
20210221_234557.jpg
20210221_234043.jpg

Luke ANH Macrobinoculars & RAF MkVIII Goggles and Luke ESB Electrobinoculars & SWAN Goggles Displays

I finally got to add my Luke ESB Electrobinoculars built by Dustin newmagrathea from a reject parts kit Markus OdiWan72 was kind enough to put together for me which I have previously posted WIP photos & videos.

I had a pair of ESB Hoth Gloves, which I used some hair curling tubes to form the fingers, I think it looks cool to see the gloves holding the Electrobinoculars with the SWAN Goggles behind on a funny foam face.

View attachment 1428724

View attachment 1428725

View attachment 1428724 View attachment 1428725

I also did the same style display for the Luke ANH Macrobinoculars & RAF MkVIII Goggles and other items;

ANH HERO Graflex - Vintage Parts
Droid Caller - Vintage Kobold
Microflame Torch - Vintage Torch
Communicator - Replica Parts
Tools - Replica

View attachment 1428726

View attachment 1428726

Graflex Display

I built LEGO Graflex family cycle displays from Anakin to Rey, I am still looking for a mint MR Luke ESB FX Lightsaber and to have my all vintage parts Wampa Cave saber built to complete the display.

View attachment 1428727

View attachment 1428727

Very creative way to display the Macros and the Binocs...love it :)

I just got my first pair of binoculars. OdiWan72 kit painted and weathered by Rufus72. Beautiful work and a fantastic kit. Thanks to both of you.View attachment 1428845View attachment 1428846View attachment 1428847View attachment 1428848View attachment 1428849View attachment 1428850View attachment 1428851

Awesome build Ryan they look great I tossed getting Dustin newmagrathea to do a heavy weather on mine but in the end we went with a light weathering as I was doing a Luke ESB display.

Awesome build Ryan they look great I tossed getting Dustin newmagrathea to do a heavy weather on mine but in the end we went with a light weathering as I was doing a Luke ESB display.
They look great! I think the only prop I have thats not weathered is my vader esb lightsaber. His lightsaber just looks odd to me all beat up.

Vintage Derwent MK9 Female Balance Pipe

What an awesome day, Dustin newmagrathea finally received my vintage Derwent MK9 Female Balance Pipe that I picked up from the 5th engine recently found by Diego Diego86 the delivery was delayed as the package was flagged for inspection and we had to pay $39.23USD to the US Customs & Agent for them to tell us NO duties were owed on the item, you really have to love the way Governments find to make money grrrr lol!!

The Female Balance Pipe was the last part I needed, I can't wait to see my vintage Obi finally come together and to get in-hand :love:

1031.jpg

1031.jpg1032.jpg1033.jpg1034.jpg1035.jpg1036.jpg

After Dustin completes the assembly and does a final video I will post the list of parts and sources and give a shout-out to everyone who has been involved in my vintage Obi quest (y)

What an awesome day, Dustin newmagrathea finally received my vintage Derwent MK9 Female Balance Pipe that I picked up from the 5th engine recently found by Diego Diego86 the delivery was delayed as the package was flagged for inspection and we had to pay $39.23USD to the US Customs & Agent for them to tell us NO duties were owed on the item, you really have to love the way Governments find to make money grrrr lol!!

The Female Balance Pipe was the last part I needed, I can't wait to see my vintage Obi finally come together and to get in-hand :love:

View attachment 1430547

View attachment 1430547View attachment 1430548View attachment 1430549View attachment 1430550View attachment 1430551View attachment 1430552

After Dustin completes the assembly and does a final video I will post the list of parts and sources and give a shout-out to everyone who has been involved in my vintage Obi quest (y)

Wicked legendary

View attachment 1430547

View attachment 1430547View attachment 1430548View attachment 1430549View attachment 1430550View attachment 1430551View attachment 1430552

I think I paid some where around $130 in duties alone for mine, consider yourself lucky. I paid $30 for the booster and around another $130 for the grenade. They have no ryme or reason. Diego did get me a balance pipe in 3 days, a world record probably.

I think I paid some where around $130 in duties alone for mine, consider yourself lucky. I paid $30 for the booster and around another $130 for the grenade. They have no ryme or reason. Diego did get me a balance pipe in 3 days, a world record probably.

ooouch!! yeah I think I was lucky, I was just amazed my BP was held up for the best part of 2 weeks after being flagged only to be told we had to pay them to tell us no duties were owed, I certainly would rather have no duties then to have to pay duties.

Regarding the balance pipe (AKA crossfire tube) is the Rolls-Royce part number known? I'm actually developing something for RR right now (phone conference tomorrow at 12:30 Eastern), and if I had a part number, there is a snowball's chance I could get a print, or a line on old stock parts perhaps (very long shot there- probably scrapped due to age but you never know)

If these engines were used by USAF, there would be a NSN. That number would also help track them down.

In case anyone would like me to look into it. I know they are hard to find, and the print would not only have the dimensions, but also base material, heat treatment parameters etc. to make a correct part, rather than just a correct looking part. Maybe this has already been investigated, but if not...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back