The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Junex Sabrina 23 Carpet Sweeper

I'm so excited Dustin is working on the binoculars for Ian! I've had this in my "to do" work area for a bit now, & I've been dying to get to it. I've got most of the clean up finished (a few small areas left to go), then I can assemble & paint it. I'm a very slow builder.
Now I need to decide if I want to go new (like the one Luke has at the beginning of Empire), dirty (like the way it looks with the Rebel Trooper, & is the most popular), or go totally different & go with how it looks in episode 5 of The Manalorian.
In any event, this kit is spectacular! & I can't wait to see what Dustin does with it :D (y)

I'm so excited Dustin is working on the binoculars for Ian! I've had this in my "to do" work area for a bit now, & I've been dying to get to it. I've got most of the clean up finished (a few small areas left to go), then I can assemble & paint it. I'm a very slow builder.
Now I need to decide if I want to go new (like the one Luke has at the beginning of Empire), dirty (like the way it looks with the Rebel Trooper, & is the most popular), or go totally different & go with how it looks in episode 5 of The Manalorian.
In any event, this kit is spectacular! & I can't wait to see what Dustin does with it :D (y)

Thanks buddy I was stoked when Markus OdiWan72 said he thought he could make up a kit for me, Dustin newmagrathea & I were only talking about which version yesterday, we are going with the clean new look where Luke is holding them (with some light weathering) as I will be displaying with my found vintage SWAN Goggles and all vintage parts Wampa Cave saber :D

We are also thinking of replacing the cast parts with vintage parts from the V8 Kit, also I have been hunting vintage tubes and I am pretty excited that I may have found a match, we are waiting for the delivery of 2x brands of tubes & I am sure Dustin will include a comparison in his WIP video if they match.

Hoth Electrobinoculars Build Update

I mentioned in post#622 that I have been researching & hunting vintage tubes that are accurate to the vintage part used to fill the Battery Compartment on the Hoth Electrobinoculars prop, Dustin newmagrathea now has the tubes in-hand and did a comparison with reference pics & the cast part in the Hoth Kit, one of tubes looks to be a match with the addition of another part from the V8 Engine Kit that Markus OdiWan72 identified and theorize was used to help hold the tube in the Battery Compartment and to form the step & curved lip seen on the prop, this is an exciting new observation of a possible additional vintage part, along with the possible matching vintage tube...

565.jpg

564.jpg

563.jpg 564.jpg 565.jpg 566.jpg 567.jpg 568.jpg

Last edited:
Vintage Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 2 3/4x Scope

I came across this vintage Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 2 3/4x Scope which has a windage dial that is different to what is normally seen, after talking with Andy mugatu it looks like this early version (#4384) of the scope has a similar windage knob to some of the early Mauser K98 scopes, I would be interested to hear if anyone has information on this version.

The scope is in amazing condition with clear optics & looks beautiful in-hand, once again I need to thank Markus OdiWan72 for his help in the purchase & shipping, I plan to remove the Mounting Rings & display with my other scopes.

Update:

After having this one in-hand and given the amazing condition I have decided to display "as found" with the mounts left on

569.jpg

570.jpg

569.jpg 570.jpg 571.jpg 572.jpg 573.jpg

Last edited:
That is just beautiful, Ian. It is still pristine and shiny but somehow still carries the years of history.
What a spectacular specimen!

That is just beautiful, Ian. It is still pristine and shiny but somehow still carries the years of history.
What a spectacular specimen!

Thanks buddy whilst I have missed out on a few Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt Scopes in the past year due to payment & shipping issues, I feel privileged every time I find one of these 100+ year old scopes especially when they are in such amazing condition, I am feeling doubly privileged as I found another even early scope (#3607) the following week, I am waiting for that scope to be delivered in the new year :D

574.jpg

574.jpg 575.jpg 576.jpg 577.jpg

I rarely think that found parts should be left in their original state but... these are so nice it’s hard not think it is a shame to dismantle them.

Yeah I agree after having this one in-hand yesterday and given the amazing condition I have decided to display "as found" with the mounts left on, I will do the same with the other one when it arrives.

The first Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 2 3/4x Scope #6340 I picked up a while ago needed some special TLC from Markus as it had some surface rust & we wanted the scope protected into the future.

506.jpg 507.jpg

Last edited:
I came across this vintage Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 2 3/4x Scope which has a windage dial that is different to what is normally seen, after talking with Andy mugatu it looks like this early version (#4384) of the scope has a similar windage knob to some of the early Mauser K98 scopes, I would be interested to hear if anyone has information on this version.

as I found another even early scope (#3607) the following week,

It´s not because of it being a early one, it´s just another model with that different dialing knob.

Vintage Pulce 40 Spear Gun & Milbro 4x20 Scope

I normally wait until I receive my hunted items in-hand before I post information & photos but I was so excited when Colin db94 sent me photos of the vintage Pulce 40 Spear Gun & Milbro 4x20 Scope that I recently picked up, I thought I would share, they are both in great condition and will make awesome displays, I can't wait for them to arrive in the new year :D

578.jpg

578.jpg 579.jpg 580.jpg 581.jpg 582.jpg 583.jpg 584.jpg

Vintage Pulce 40 Spear Gun & Milbro 4x20 Scope

I normally wait until I receive my hunted items in-hand before I post information & photos but I was so excited when Colin db94 sent me photos of the vintage Pulce 40 Spear Gun & Milbro 4x20 Scope that I recently picked up, I thought I would share, they are both in great condition and will make awesome displays, I can't wait for them to arrive in the new year :D

View attachment 1093675

View attachment 1093675 View attachment 1093676 View attachment 1093677 View attachment 1093678 View attachment 1093679 View attachment 1093680 View attachment 1093681
If my wife tells you I was walking about the house with the spear gun pretending to be James Bond....... She's totally making it up :)

Vintage Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 2 3/4x Scope RESEARCH

I have been doing research & collecting photos of vintage Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 2 3/4x Scopes (shout-out to the original posters) to compile a chronological list of Serial Numbers & Windage Dial versions, it would appear that the Windage Dial changed over the period these scopes were built with the later built scopes having the more accurate-ish Windage Dail seen on on-screen on the vintage Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 3x Scope.

I will update the list as I obtain additional details & photos, if you have photos of vintage Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 2 3/4x Scopes which shows the Serial Number & Windage Dial please hit me up & I will add to the list, thanks...

Update 21/12/2019

Added my first Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 2 3/4x Scope #6340

Update 22/12/2019

My research on Military and War Forums & related sites leads me to believe the number on the Windage Dial Mount is the Scope Serial Number and the number (not always found) on the tube is the Rifle/Gun Serial Number the scope was mounted on;

Example: Rifle/Gun (Gewehr - German for Gun) GW. No. #0000

Scope Serial Number #3607 no Gun Serial Number on the Tube

585 - 3607.jpg

585 - 3607.jpg 586 - 3607 x2.jpg

Scope Serial Number #4384 no Gun Serial Number on the Tube

588 - 4384 x2.jpg

587 - 4384.jpg 588 - 4384 x2.jpg

Scope Serial Number #6340 no Gun Serial Number on the Tube

6340.jpg

6340.jpg 6340 x2.jpg

Scope Serial Number #6449 Gun Serial Number on the Tube GW. No. 7835

6449 x2.jpg

589 - 6449.jpg 6449 x2.jpg

Scope Serial Number #9276

9276.JPG

9276.JPG

Scope Serial Number #10560

590 - 10560.jpg

590 - 10560.jpg

Scope Serial Number #13639

591 - 13639.JPG

591 - 13639.JPG

Scope Serial Number #14646

592 - 14646.JPG

592 - 14646.JPG

Scope Serial Number #18801

593 - 18801.JPG

593 - 18801.JPG

Last edited:
One of my HW ZDs is No.2905, and it hast the accurate dial.
I know another is in the 4000s, also accurate version.

Additional i don´t think the small numbers on the dial are the accurate serial numbers, as they can be easily replaced after damage.
Usually the engraved no. on the tubes is the scopes serial no. Most of the time they are no matching nos.

One of my HW ZDs is No.2905, and it hast the accurate dial.
I know another is in the 4000s, also accurate version.

Additional i don´t think the small numbers on the dial are the accurate serial numbers, as they can be easily replaced after damage.
Usually the engraved no. on the tubes is the scopes serial no. Most of the time they are no matching nos.

Interesting that would be helpful, do you have photos of both sides of the tubes with the engraved numbers and windage dials & numbers, thanks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back